Here at our household we've been having some dishwasher issues for the past several days. The problem is after each cycle, the tub is not emptying the water completely. My Man and I pulled out the "Use and Care Guide" that came with our machine but there really wasn't any real answers to trouble shoot and fix the problem on our own. So we called on a repair man. He came in this morning, spent several minutes taking things apart and searching for the real problem, to no avail. He put things back together and turned to me and said, "I'll be back in a day or two because I have to get the manual."
There is a spiritual lesson here that I firmly believe God has revealed to me. There are times that I am not emptying myself of "self" like I need to be doing. My own "tub" still has issues inside of me that is not pleasing to God. Perhaps a sharp word to a loved one, perhaps wrong thinking, perhaps _______. When that happens I'm not really bringing glory to God's Name in what ever that situation might be. I can pull out my own "Use and Care Guide" which really is about my "feelings" and "memories" instead of going to the Repair Man, Jesus Christ Himself! I also am to turn to the Manual, the Word of God, to guide me and direct me to get my eyes off of me and my feelings, emptying my "tub" of self allowing the Manual to repair me.
Father, this morning I come to You, the TRUE Repair Man of my soul. Lord, I pull out The Manual for abundant living and am digging deep into the truths that are placed strategically for me in my own time of need to bring Honor and Glory to Your Name. Why? Because I know what I am capable of as well as the fact of needing a daily service job, a time of fine tuning. Lord, I am thankful for simple visuals that You bless me with, and may I truly apply them to my life. In the loving name of Jesus, Amen.
Lovingly at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh Yolanda...this is awesome!! I'm going to link it, if that's okay.
Love to you and thank you for your endless encouragement & love.
You are such a blessing of a friend.
Love,
Lelia
Love this!! I need to empty my tub a lot more often!! Great post, sweet friend!
Hugs!
Susan
What a great analogy Yolanda. I have been looking to the "Manual" to get a few things fixed in myself lately too.
Is that THE Manual or Emanual? :)
I love your analogy! A great lesson for every day living.
oh, such a great post sweet Yolanda! I just love how God speaks in the most unusual ways sometimes. Lessons in the everday walk of life.
Love to you (And sweet Bill)
Beth
Beautiful post.
Blessings,
Vickie
I love that analogy! Praying God speaks through you this weekend!
Love,
Devanee
Nice post and very true for me. I don't realize it, but I'm sure I don't empty out all that's in my tub and consult the manual as often as I should. I love praise music, but it is not a substitute for the word.
If we'd just be quicker about getting to the Man and his manual, we'd save ourselves a whole lot of heartache and headache!
Great analogy, Yolanda.
peace~elaine
Yes, it is true...we do not empty ourselves often enough and there is leftover anger, pain, unresolved relational issues... so many things.
We do need to let God clean us up as often as possible.
This is such a good post, Yolanda.
And thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. I have missed you. Been to your place a few times, too.
Love your heart and commitment to His word!
Do tell us about the dishwasher, how the repair man figured out what was wrong, okay?
Love
Lidj
Just wanted you to know that I received your mail today and your signed copy of the book is ready to go and will be in the mail first thing Monday. PO already closed today.
Thanks so much, friend!
peace~elaine
Amazing illustration! Thanks, Yolanda!
Post a Comment