
Life is busy, full, sometimes simply over-flowing! I've had many come up to me and ask what I was going to do with my life now that we were retired. Perhaps you can relate as seasons do change and you may have found yourself headed in a new direction. For those that have walked this path before me, you know that one can be busier than ever before as others are finding something for you to do. We have to know our limitations and make sure that what-ever it is that we find ourselves doing, it is what God wants and has for us. It is okay to simply say no, I can't do that for you but thanks for asking.
There are more than a dozen of us working through an in-depth bible study titled, "Believing God" and with this study Beth Moore encourages us for 10 weeks to allow ourselves to be sanctified by God and for God. In Yolanda's terms, an area that needs a little fine tuning or taking 220 grit to smooth up some rough spots.
I want you all to know that The Potter is truly working on me and remolding me. Jeremiah 18:1-6 NIV "This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : 'Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message.' So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me: 'O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?' declares the LORD. 'Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.'"
Part of the remolding process is turning from evil, perhaps something that we weren't even aware of as being evil. The Holy Spirit reveals to us as we continue walking with the Lord and being in His word those things that are not of God or bring Him honor and glory.
I truly want to encourage you to be obedient and submissive to the Holy Spirit. To the Word of God, to Jesus Christ. Will you allow Him to mold you and form you into someone that He can use?
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
Father God, May we be like clay in Your hand being shaped to what seems best to You. Your best is what we desire. There are times that this process hurts yet we know that if we will continue on and follow through to the other side that the victory is sweet. May You be praised Lord, today, tomorrow and always. Amen.
Lovingly as the 220 grit is being applied,
Yolanda
18 comments:
Good post.
I have taken the "Believing God" series by Beth Moore myself, and it chanced my life. She spoke right to me on one of her tapes. You don't forget a thing like that.
I also am learning to say "NO" more often so that when I do say "Yes," it is the place God wants me to be. It's hard to disappoint people, but God's will is more important.
Oh yes my friend. I have some areas that need refining as well with some 220 grit!
Pray for me as I deal with a situation that I don't handle very well! That person that can just ruin your day every time!!!
I love you sister -
The Believing God Study by Beth Moore is the very one that got my attention for God to turn my entire life around 3 years ago. Before my husband passed away he also did 6 of the 10 videos and workbook pages as God was speaking to both of us to Believe God is RADICAL FAITH for what HE was about to do. God did not disappoint. My husband is now in glory - but for him - that study prepared him to meet Jesus with open arms.
I will be leading that study for the rest of my life and teach it at least once or twice a year. Someone just asked me last week to lead another one and that would b my 8th time. It is powerful.
With regards to retirement - there is no such thing and this is when God puts you in gear like never before to serve Him and others to full capacity. But you are right - it's OK to say 'no' - if God is not leading in that direction. Being sensitive to the Holy Spirit is key [as you mentioned].
Refining is also what comes the older we get. Like an old dresser -
God needs to sand a bit off the rough edges! But then we come up with a new luster that shines for His purposes.
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]
Please don't go into seclusion too!!! Teri, You, and Beth are my motivators to be a GOOD TRUE WOMAN OF GOD. I desire to have the wisdom that the three of you have and each of you have made it know, through your blogs and e-mails, that seeking HIM for myself is the only way I can be the TRUE WOMAN OF GOD is so desire to be...
Love ya...the seasons are changing in more than your life...I just hope that God doesn't have to scrape me off of the wheel and start over!
Yolanda,
This made me laugh in addition to the 220 grit sand paper sometimes, I feel like I need a grinder, then a buffer and finally a polisher to make me all new again.
Thank God, He is amazing and has just the tools I need to make me more like Him.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
love me some Jeremiah!
it's hard when we're getting remolded
Thanks for this post. Grit does help make smooth the rough edges of our personalities... just as it helps produce a precious pearl!
The passage from Jeremiah is one of my favorites... and I once did a post on it. Visit it one time:
http://mla-crownofglory.blogspot.com/2009/05/crafted-into-his-perfect-plan.html
Blessings on your weekend, dear Yolanda
Our lives are a continual dance on the Potter's Wheel. One of these days I hope to actually take a pottery class. I would love to feel the clay in my hands and try to turn something on the table. I understand it is a difficult process. Of course, with God as the Potter, nothing is too difficult.
Shalom,
Denise
220 grit? Never heard that but I so get your heart here. Our life is a constant remodeling process! Miss you-wish we could get together but the dates you gave me I am working. Sorry.
You are beautiful!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Hmmmm...seems I detect a theme here. I think that God is working on a lot of us with 220 Grit, my friend.
I loved Believing God. It was the Beth Moore study that has most changed my life. It is part of my testimony and I am so thankful that I did it. Want to do it again.
Leah
I think there's some area that need 220 grit too Yo. They popped in my head soon as I started reading this!
Great post!
I love my Potter!
Loved Believing God. It gave me a shaping like none other. Thinking of you this day. Keep to it.
peace~elaine
Hi Yolanda! Thanks for praying for Alleluiabelle and Ron, and for putting the button on your sidebar. I love to watch as God orchestrates circumstances and brings forth those that He has called to fulfill His purposes in the ways that He has ordained it.
We are beginning a Beth Moore study in my SS class on The Life of David. Today we discussed our *callings*. I thought of you and a few others who have been called to be prayer warriors (oh look, there's a couple of them in your comments section). :)
Much love to you!
Hi Yolanda! I love catching up on you and your awesome teachings here. And, boy I think we can all benefit from the sanding. As I find myself in a relationship with someone close to me who is a non~believer and very actively attacking me.... I find myself looking at that person's faults. Truly I must look to and refine my own. Stand firm in who I am in Christ. And, share love.... always turning the other cheek. IT's just a hard thing to do! :)
Friend-posted a prayer need on my blog-thanks!
His Maidservant~Pamela
I liked what you said about turning from evil--evil we might not even be aware of. And that's why we need to pray and seek God so we can.
Isn't that Believing God something else? 220 Grit - oh the sting of it, but oh the smooth as silk finish when it's job is done!
Hugs sweet friend,
Melinda
Post a Comment