1 John 4:15-17 NIV: "If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him."
As I read "A Woman's Worth" by Heather a few days back, something she wrote really touched the deepness of my heart. I want to expel upon and incorporate it into Higher Grounds this morning because as I read her heart I thought she was writing about me. I quote Heather: "I want to be soaked in the Word, and to have it not just spill off my lips, but to pour from my life. I want it to change me, until I no longer resemble the woman I once was, but instead look more like Christ each day."
That is exactly what I want to be known for and as by my Lord and Savior. Drenched in the Word of God that it splashes onto others, filling their cup as mine is over flowing. Then I will no longer resemble the woman that I once was and the woman that others try to hold me to, but instead to look and be more like Christ each and every day.
I was able to be a "Grace Dispenser" recently. Did I intend to be? OH NO WAY!! Would I have been on my own? OH NO WAY!! Was it hard? Honestly, if I would have not been prayed up and seeking God's way, then YES. But at this particular time not really because I know that I know when God places something on my heart it is much sweeter to follow through and walk in obedience then to act like I didn't hear Him or sense Him. I chose to rely upon the love of God that has been shed abroad in my heart.
What did I do? Not sure that it merit's speaking....but rest assured that it wasn't lost, I believe whole-heartily that God was smiling and I did it for Him, the AUDIENCE OF ONE!
Father God, I am thankful and returning like the 1 leper that was healed, because I know that You did this for me. That You showed Yourself powerful in my situation because I chose to rely upon you. To respond like Jesus, not like Yolanda. To serve not be served. I don't always get it right and when I don't, I beat myself up. I ask that I would become more and more like You knowing that You alone deserve the GLORY. Relying upon You, allowing a change to no longer be who I used to be. Praise You Father. Amen.
Splashing while reaching for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Yes Lord! Empty me of me and fill me with you until I'm overflowing. I want to be a true reflection of you and your glory.
Blessings ~ Lisa
My "issue" comes with wanting to have it "all" now; I've spent a lot of time trying to "short-cut" the process of my becoming. I'm now content to allow myself a slow-growth toward holiness. God is faithful to bring me along and fill me up as I am faithful to present with his presence.
He's the author of change. I pray he does a special work in your own heart and life this week, Yolanda.
peace~elaine
Yolanda, as always a beautiful post! Such a blessing.Hope you have a great weekend! Blessings
Lovely. And I will echo Elaine's sentiments with a big AMEN!
Blessings dear one,
Melinda
Yes! Drenched. That's what I want to be.
I am right here with you Yolanda. Seems like we are on the same wavelength here.
I desire nothing less than to be so soaked in Him that the overflow just drenches everyone around me!
Love you sister
I love this post, and praise God you were able to dispense grace yet one more time... and I agree with you on being Christlike, all the way.
Will visit Heather's post now.
"Drenched!" Me, too! Words so well chosen to express the desires of MY heart as well....
I would imagine that you dispense grace far more often than you even know, my friend.
I knew that I was no longer the woman I used to be when my husband made a comment about how very much I had changed since I really began WALKIN' with the Lord. He said it made him want to walk closer to Christ. Let me tell you I nearly raptured right then.
Great quote from Heather. I missed that one but I'll hang onto it now.
Leah
Yes.
We all need more of the word. His word.
In our hearts. In our lives. The words we speak. Our actions.
The world will know whose we are by the way our love covers them.
Thanks for this devo.
I had an experience of both of your examples yesterday. I had a direct answer to prayer that showed me how God hears our cries, and I also had an experience where I had to tell God I was sorry for an attitude of mine. His Word showed me I was in error. I already knew that, but I love to be gently corrected by Him. That's how good parents show love. My heavenly Father is a good parent.
I was blessed by your post.
YES!YES!YES! That is my prayer too "I want to be soaked in the Word, and to have it not just spill off my lips, but to pour from my life. I want it to change me, until I no longer resemble the woman I once was, but instead look more like Christ each day."
Beautiful.
His maidservant~Pamela
Beautiful post!
Hope you have a blessed weekend!
Andrea
Post a Comment