Many of you know how Higher Grounds came to be and have been with me on this journey of just over three years. It has been an amazing ride of following the prompting and leading of the Holy Spirit to share with you what He has been teaching me. Beginning with writing and sending in an e-mail format and a year later beginning the Higher Grounds blog. But God called me out into deeper waters this past month and it was incredible. I am returning to give thanks and praise to God and to encourage you that God truly does equip!!
One morning while I was feeding the birds some bread I watched their little antics and idiosyncrasies. Some nibbled, others took the whole piece and was selfish while yet others shared what they had been given to feast upon. What God brought back to my mind and I'm not sure who said this, but I remember reading not to long ago, "A teacher is one that shares what they have learned." When I read that I knew that God was showing me what He had called me to do several years ago that being to step out and teach for Him.
Upon arriving on Maui that very evening the lady that is currently facilitating the Community Bible study text'd me asking if I would lead one night of their bible study on this trip. I knew what God had already done, He had been preparing me for such a time as this. A week later Dawn shared with us that it had just been over 5 years since her baptism and this is so cool because I had already been a part of this group of women digging into the word of God. This is a group of women that I am comfortable with and how awesome that God put it on their hearts to ask me to allow them to be my first students on March 25th, 2010. That He had been preparing me with the very words He desired them to hear and receive. I was first His student, nibbling on the Bread of Life to then in turn share it with His Daughter's.
That very morning, God encouraged me through my Daily Scripture Calendar: For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do. Hebrews 6:10 ESV. God had been placing and continues to place the desire inside of me to serve. One of my scriptures from 2009 that I had memorized for 2009 is 1 Thes. 5:24 NIV: The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
God placed that calling on me, one that I did not want or ask for, and yet....HE was faithful the evening of March 25th and He did do it!!! He gave me His peace, He gave me His joy for the word of God, to share with others what He had shown me, and He gave me the words to speak to them to encourage them in their own walk. I walked away, over joyed as well as humbled that He truly has a plan and a purpose. Maui Girlfriends, thank you for the opportunity to serve you and that you nibbled along side me in God's Word.
The next morning I had confirmation with what I had shared the evening before is what He wanted them to know through my on-line devotion put out by Our Daily Bread. "A life lived for God is a pleasing aroma." I do not want to give out too much information yet as I'm going to step into the deep once more the first weekend in May and share this at our Women's Retreat.
I close with a word of encouragement that I received from the Pastor's wife that was the host the very day that God had said, One day you will teach for Me. I sent her a note as well as the Guest Pastor's wife that did the teaching for that very Women's conference a few years back.
You go girl! That is exactly what you have been doing with all of us with HG's. You have been teaching via e-mail now it's real life. Blessings to you, so wonderful to hear from you. love ya tracy
Father, thank You that You have worked with-in me, a broken vessel willing to be poured out as an example for those that have walked in my shoes. To give them hope that You love them and that You sent Your Son to die for them. That no one, not even a human being on death row, can out sin the cross. Thank You for using me to turn around and share with others that You are magnificent. That You alone are faithful and true. That You equip us for the work that You have called us to do and to be a part of. I ask that You would keep me humble and remind me that this is all for YOU and of You. I only desire to do what You would have me to do, in my Savior's precious name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly going into the deep at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
PS: after writing this, almost an hour later, I went back to look at Debbie's e-mail to me, she is the one that was doing the teaching at Tracy's church several years ago. Look at this would you!!!! She used two pieces of scripture that I had in my writing. The Lord sure causes me to laugh!
Praise the Lord! I am so proud of you Yolanda!
YOU are a teacher!!!!!!!!! We have known this for some time and I am so thankful that God has revealed this to you. You need make your Higher Ground a devotional book for everyone! Think that might be the next step??? Isn’t GOD just the best!
Thank you for sharing with me, I just can’t stop smiling! You are where you are suppose to be for such a time as this. God has a plan and a purpose, a very exciting one, for you!
19 comments:
Tracy and Debbie, thank you for all of the encouragement over the years as well as in the future. Siesta's and others here in Blog-land, thank you as well for the comments that you leave to encourage me and cause me to dig deeper. I love you all!
We are safer in His depths than anywhere else on earth. Thank you for helping us to dive in there. We all need the encouragement and the example.
Blessings,
Kathleen
Well, yahoo!! Girl, you go!! I love just being smack in the center of God's will, don't you? I know that when He called me to ministry AND I answered was one of the sweetest times. He is so faithful to give us what we need to do the job He has called us to do.
God bless you and I can't wait to hug your neck in just a couple of weeks.
Leah
I don't imagine this will be the last time you're called upon to teach. As God continues to open the doors, continue to walk through them in faith. I think this is only the tip of the glacier, friend!
peace~elaine
I'm so delighted for you Yolanda! What a great joy to be used by God and doing what He designed you for.
ANd what a great teacher you are!! There are several blogs where I go to receive my share of His Word...yours is one! I am so glad that your obedience is there for us to see...that is another teaching opp!!
Love you!
Susan
God doesn't called the equipped, He equips the called.
blessings
Vickie
Yolanda,
I only see God doing some incredible things in your life this year. With a willing heart such as yours and time on your hands, you will make the perfect vessel for Him to use. May God pour forth these on you!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Yolanda, I love what she said, we already knew you were an awesome teacher equipped by God. You have taught me so much in the last few years! I'm so happy that He's showing that to you now:-)I pray that God continues to pour His blessings on you and Bill, and that you continue to get so much joy from serving Him. What an awesome job that is!
I love you!
Amanda
Girl, hang on ... sounds like God has a wonderful and wild ride ahead of you!! I hope that you'll share more of your journey with us!
I just love how God prepares us and then calls us. He equips us with exactly what we need and when we need it!
love you - Beth
Yolanda, you have been a teacher and an encourager to me ever since I started reading your blog! I feel like you are a "real-life" friend and not just someone miles and miles away! Just keep sharing what Jesus gives you.
Love you my friend!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Isn't His timing amazing? You have tastd His grace and you have to share that my friend. I am praying for you as you grow in this ministry. His words on your lips..His thoughts in your head...His love in your heart. Pray that for me as well. I am excited for your "going deeper"!!
Love you!
Believing Him~Pamela
Reading your post gives me goosebumps. Stepping into the deep.... -- Yolanda, you are a true blessing and the Lord is using you mightily.
Be encouraged,
stay faithful
and keep being His hands and feet.
I'm so thankful to call you friend, and teacher!!!
Love ya Sister!
holykisses xoxo
Oh reading this made me choke up! First that you are so faithful in listening to God's calling for you and then taking that step of faith to do it! I know you were a blessing to others as you have been to me here:))
Thaks for senidng this to me, Yolanda. I actually gave this a quick read the last time I visited the blog but commented on a different post. I read it more carefully this time.
Great testimonial about how God is working in you and through you to develop and mature you for his service. Teaching is a high calling, and you have the character, personality and knowledge for it. Way to go!
I received your book summary for my blog. Thanks for being willing to guest post.
. As God continues to open the doors, continue to walk through them in faith. I think this is only the tip of the glacier, friend!
indian classified site
Lovin' your blog! So great to read such encouragement! May God richly bless you as you surrender your life to His calling.
Blessings!
Melanie
~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~
thank you as well for the comments that you leave to encourage me and cause me to dig deeper. I love you all!
data entry work from home
Post a Comment