This morning I am participating in something that I've never done before, a book club. It amazes me how God orchestrated this from three common women this summer studying Ruth together. Declaring to one another, that we desire to become women of noble character. As we shut the books of our study, one mentioned how she would love to know more of the other women in God's word.
Three women that have struggled with alone-ness at some point in our journey this side of heaven. Of feeling lost and not being seen, like a penny just thrown away. I believe that Naomi felt this as well when they left Jerusalem for Moab. She and her three men traveling to a foreign nation that had been forbidden by God, feeling perhaps like no one cared. Naomi and her family would disappear and be lost.
I'm here to share with you this morning, that when you feel like the whole world doesn't care and that you feel as if no one that you know, knows where you are, that you think you are lost....you have a Friend that always cares and always knows where you are!! That you are not cast aside as if you are a penny, lost and not wanted. It's true!!
"God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost." Psalm 36:5-6 MSG.
God divinely orchestrated this summer for three women to come together and dig deeper into His word. He opened the lips of one to share a hunger to learn more of the women He esteemed in our history. He heard the cries of our hearts and appointed this time as time for a book club. Reading and gleaning information that is found in the Word of God, through sound bible teachers. We have no idea how long this will last, but this we do know, we are all on board. Connected due to the RED THREAD of Jesus Christ running through our very souls. We are beginning with Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible and What He Wants to Do with You by John MacArthur .
Abba Father, You word is always right on time. I ask for ears to hear and eyes to see and You provide for me, as You are faithful. Lord, thank You that even in Your largeness (you are every where, at all times) that nothing gets lost, not even little ole me. You are a loving and caring God and I do come expecting love, love and more love, from You. (Jeremiah 31:3 MSG). Thank You Father, that I never was lost, and You consider me worthy not casting me aside. You are amazing!! In Christ's Name, Amen.
Never lost here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
oh, how wonderful Yolanda. I pray that God just blesses you three immensely and that you have much to share with us.
ps - will be sending you a picture of some new books that are MINE! Because of someone VERY VERY special to me... thanks my friend. (to the moon and NEVER back...)
Praise God! :) I sure do love you...and I am so very happy for your group. May you be greatly blessed as you look to God's Word to learn more of these women! <3
I used that book in our teen Sunday school class. Joe and I would switch Sundays: he presented on a man of the Bible, I would follow the next Sunday with a women of the Bible using McArthurs book. It was a great study!! I love how God blesses us with friends and connections like He has you this summer. Personally, I am anticipating His next move for me in this area.
Believing Him~Pamela
Your title caught me. Yes, I've felt this way so often these past three years. Still have days that way and I am so thankful that Jesus cares when I think others don't.
Have not read that one, but I do love John MacArthur. In fact, I am using the MacArthur study Bible right now as my every day study Bible. It is the NKJV which is ok; not my fav, but ok. The study Bible however, has fabulous study notes and that is why I like it so much.
Leah
Oh Father God, we do ask You to be right there with us as we study the women that You wanted to tell us about in Your Word! Please speak to each one of us Your will for our lives and help us to see the path You are showing us.
Amen!
Devanee
Oh, how wonderful Yolanda! What a great plan! I just know you three will enjoy this so much.
Hello, my friend. Just thinking of you today! Glad to read about your little group here and how it fills. Yes, we always have a friend, do we not?
I hope you are well and I send my love!
Hope you love your new study. I love the book of Ruth so much. Scriptures from it were used in my wedding in 1973 and again this summer, my own son read parts of it in my daughter's wedding. Such richness is in those few small pages.
As one who often feels that ONLY my hubby and GOD cares, but not any friends other than to share their needs with me; so yes I can relate. There are those lonely times when you can feel 'used up' and you just need a listening ear, a hug or someone to say, "I care" and you just can't seem to find that but it's there...JESUS is always that friend who is there to care, to listen, to encourage, to hug you with the warmth of HIS everlasting love.
I pray that the three of you enjoy your times together in the LORD. I pray that your moments are refreshing and that you be a listening ear to each other, a praying partner for one another and a loving presence of God's love to each other.
Love you my friend. You are precious! I care for you!
Post a Comment