Thursday, September 2, 2010

Oh so close, but oh so far away

Yesterday we traveled to our mountain home to enjoy the cooler temps and to enjoy God's creation. On our trek we were listening to the "Roadhouse" and the "70's" on XM, and before you stone me, yes often I listen to the "Message". ;-) I had just gotten behind the wheel when I mentioned to my Man that I sure hoped that a Charley Pride song would come on soon. 80 miles later here came Charley, but I was so surprised as it was a song that I did not know.

We arrived at our home, unloaded the vehicle and I got right to the point of preparing dinner. Chicken and noodles along with mashed potatoes. After our meal and the clean-up we went for a short walk and then settled in for the evening. During a commercial break there was an announcement for the State Fair and Bill was quick to go see what the internet had to offer for the next day or two as we are so close. Being semi-retired we are able to change our plans fairly easily and enjoy doing so.

When it was time to shut the lights out and as we were crawling into bed my Man says to me, "Charley Pride has been playing for an hour now." Ok, I'm thinking maybe he found something on the T.V. of a taped concert when he says to me, "In Pueblo at the State Fair". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? RIGHT NOW, LESS THAN 75 MILES FROM US, AND THERE IS CHARLEY PRIDE THE MAN I'VE WANTED TO SEE FOR YEARS IN CONCERT?????!!!! This is what was going through my mind and I just had to laugh.

Why?

Because how often do we walk through life, doing our own thing, going our own way, absolutely oblivious to anyone and anything? Especially of the things that concern God. This morning I'm committing to being much more observant and willing to see God around me. Awareness is key in my walk with God. Aware of His presence, aware of His leading, and to be aware of the truths of His Word.

Lord, thank You for loving me and for Your provisions. Father, may my thoughts, my heart and my steps walk in obedience of Your Map for my life. May my lips never utter that I was oh so close to you, and yet oh so far away. Lord, may I be found drawing nearer and nearer. I love You Lord Jesus like never before. Amen.

Listening & watching at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I thought I was the only person that still liked Charley Pride! And I am guilty of being oblivious to the things of God also. I get so distracted with the things of life that I fail to notice Him at work at times. He has had me at a place of rest and slowing down lately and I'm doing better at it!

Enjoy your weekend.

Leaon Mary said...

Charley Pride huh?! Girl you never cease to amaze me. lol

I'm joining you in your prayer: "This morning I'm committing to being much more observant and willing to see God around me."
I LOVE that Yolanda!!!!
Hope you're feeling better,
Love Lea

Runner Mom said...

Loved this! I hope that y'all enjoy your time away in your mountain home. Can't wait to hear which of God's creatures you see!! Just watch out for those snakes, sweet friend!
Hugs!
Susan

Beth Herring said...

charley pride? really? oh, yolanda, you are too much! I would have never guessed you to be a charley pride fan!