Do you remember when you were a child riding along in the car with your parents listening to the radio? What would happen as you traveled for miles? The radio station you were tuned into began to fade as you listened to your "favorite" song in the whole world, and then static. The station was gone and one of your parents reached over and began to tune into another radio station.
That has been on my heart all week long as I believe the Holy Spirit revealed this to me in a spiritual sense. We tune into God's word, ride along with the bumps of life and those of us in Christ now that the Enemy is alive and well on planet earth adding to those bumps. Yet if we aren't careful as we travel along in our days we can journey through out the day(s) moving farther and farther away from God and the tuning of His Word, and the next thing we know....there is static and we begin to reach for a totally different station instead of the One True Station, Jesus Christ.
I pray that in these busy days of Christmas, New Years, family, birthdays, office party's, etc. that we will be found soaking our shield of Faith. I felt like our Sunday School lesson was just for me yesterday, as we have been learning about Spiritual Warfare and putting on the armor of God. It is a beautiful and encouraging way to end the lesson God gave to me for my own life, and I pray that it encourages you as well. Ephesians 6:16 NIV "In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.". How many arrows, ALL. Which arrows? The flaming ones! Where do they come from? The evil one!
Father, Thank You for the lessons and guidance we find every time we spend time with You and in Your Word, our road map for life. Lord, You love us so much, more than we can even fathom. I am thankful that I know that I know that You and the LOVE that You pour into us trumps evil. Father, today, You and I together, we will extinguish ALL the flaming arrows of the evil one. I'm going to strive to keep my radio dial tuned in with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit. I ask these things, In Jesus' Name. Amen.
With love at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I pray I can keep mine set on the HOLY SPIRIT!
Awesome post, my friend! I needed this, today. It is soooo easy to get distracted!
Hugs,
andrea
Thank you for this, Yo. What an image you give in this story. I am grateful for the way you see Him, the way you listen, and the way you share. Many blessings this Advent!
SO good Yolanda. I love the message in this and will keep it close to my heart!
May we all remember that Jesus is what it is all about!
Hi, Yolanda...
I'm praising God with you on your 11th spiritual birthday!
And yes, with God, we can extinguish all the fiery darts of the evil one. This is always so good to remember.
I have appreciated reading this post today!
Love
Lidj
This was such a good analogy in this Yolanda! I know just what you mean about the static on the radio and I can also see how that happens with us and God when we drift too far away from Him. Thanks so much for a thought provoking devotional today!!
Love,
Marilyn
Your second paragraph really says it all Yolanda! Your heart and sensitivity to the LORD has always blessed me.
You're a precious gift from HIM to all of us.
I love you and sending Christmas blessings to you!
Ohmy GOSH Yolanda this is so timely for me. This visual... -- oh wow!
I wrote you today and you probably haven't gotten it yet but I sorta went through the "out" this past week as well as the static. You'll understand when you get the email... but thankyou for sharing this. GIVIN GOD THE GLORY for you my sister. TUNING back into the HOLY SPIRIT.... AND GOING TO BE more mindful to put on my armor.
LOVE YA!!
Lea
Came back by to say Merry Christmas to you and yours! Love you!
Tuned into HIM!
Loved this post! And not only is my internal dial tuned to Him, but my radio dial in the car as well! So thankful that we are fortunate to have Christian radio stations!
Beautiful post, sweet friend! Since I'm a little ADDish, I needed to hear those words!
Praying that you and your family will have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
Love you!
Susan
You take me back with this as I remember this very thing happening while driving with my parents. Unfortunately, when they were in charge of the radio, rarely did I like the music. I remember my day straining to hear news reports or sports via static stations. It annoyed me greatly! Static is never good, whether heard when driving a car or in our heart.
May the clear voice of God be our portion as we move through Christmas and into the new year. Blessed Advent to you and yours, Yolanda.
peace~elaine
Yolanda - you are such a blessing and I loved this analogy so much. I can remember the radio in the car as a child and how it would go "in and out" as we traveled to visit family (my Dad was a Career Marine). The lessons about the Armor of God have rung true in our lives lately as we have experienced some of the strongest warfare of our ministry through some difficulty in our church. But God's Word has been that BALM OF HEALING to our hearts! Thank you for adding that last verse about the shield of faith!
Thank you for your faithfulness sweet lady!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Love, Jan
Post a Comment