Today I begin simply by asking you and I to read Galatians 5:22-26 from The Message:
But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely. Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good - crucified. Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.
God's word tells us that we will recognize others by their fruit. Others will recognize us by our fruit. Fruit that aligns with God's design for us is sweet, juicy and desirable. It thinks the best of others, encourages, loves, and gives freedom. It is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self control. Remember that Satan loves to mimic God and he does so with a counterfeit. The evil one's fruit is hate, strife, jealousy, envy, discord, provoking others, legalism, all about self.
Which will you choose today, and EVERY DAY?
As for me and my household , we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:16 NIV
Father, cause not only our thoughts to please You but our actions. Let my thoughts and actions be intentional Lord in pleasing You. Lord, today and everyday I desire to bring glory and honor to Your name. Help me Father, when I fall short. Thank You for Your faithfulness and Your word that is truly life. With out Your life, I am nothing. Thank You Jesus, Amen.
With love and desiring good fruit,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I would like to encourage you to read Galatians 5:22-26 from other translations as well. With love-me
I want to be a fruit bearer! I want it hangin' all over me!!!
love this my friend - your word from Him spoke to me mightily!
Thank you for this post Yolanda!!! As I return to work after a week off for snow and the holiday, I need to be reminded again what this earth is really all about and your encouragement was heard and absorbed!!! Love you friend!!!
Sometimes, when I think I have not grown much, I assess the changes in my life - especially those on the inside. When I see patience, I marvel. When I find strength & endurance, I am blown away.
There's NO WAY I could have made such fruit grow (and continue to grow). What's more, I am humbled to think how precious are these gifts.
Mighty blessings,
Kathleen
I'm choosing HIm and the way I should act. But it isn't easy friend!!
Terri,
You are so correct, there are times/situations/circumstances that it isn't easy. But what did God promise us in John 16:33? When we choose to do things God's way instead of our way, when we live to please Him instead of self, wow...life abundantly.
I fail to sweet One, but the blessing is, that it is less than it used to be. Let's do this life with Jesus!
Love to you-
Very, very good thoughts today Yolanda! I do want to bear good fruit and not evil fruit! I'm afraid sometimes I have more of a bitter taste than sweet....and I don't want that!!
God bless you!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Praying for sweet fruit from my heart and life this week. My family doesn't always see this in me and they are the ones who can most closely judge the harvest.
Praying to always be intentionally connected to the Vine!
peace~elaine
Post a Comment