Yesterday afternoon I was blessed to hear three little girls playing a game together while the older girls were enjoying a baby shower. Do you remember as a child we would play a game called, "hide and seek"? Of course you do!!!!
This morning I was reflecting upon that and thought, wow don't we at times wish for the ability to hide from life and that someone would notice and come seeking after us? We hunger so much for a different life as well as for someone to take notice of us and seek us out.
Guess what? God offers that! When we choose to let go of the enemies hand and take God's hand, we turn from one direction going in the opposite direction. From making poor choices that cause a life we don't appreciate to making better choices and life we do appreciate.
Jesus seeks us as well when we go astray! Luke 15:3-7 NIV: Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
When life seems so crazy and even if it doesn't, God offers us the perfect hiding place!!
Psalm 32:7 NIV: You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
And another cool thing is that we can hide ourselves in God.
Psalm 143:8-10 NIV: Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Father, there are moments that I have to separate myself from the world and I'm thankful that I can come to you. That You are always faithful and have Your arms stretched wide open for me to fall into and be comforted. When I do so, You wrap me with Your love, compassion, and protection. That thought is especially tender to my soul, the thought of knowing that I am protected by the Almighty God. Father may I be found hiding myself in You, seeking You, and being found by You. Lord, it is You that I run to with my eyes on You to be wrapped up in Your big loving arms. And You will say, there your are! In my loving Savior's Name, Amen.
I've been found, have you?
Yolanda at Higher Grounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen!! I know I've been hiding a huge part of myself from God, hoping and praying He'd pull me out. I've realized I need to do more on my end and hope to begin doing that this week. Blessings!
Very touching post. It brought to mind a passage a scripture I read this morning. Psalm 27:4-5 (The Message) There is refuge in God.
Sometimes I hide; but sometimes I'm just plain lost. Sometimes the hiding is a game; and great fun. But sometimes it's a distancing manuever, and not so fun.
Either way, I am ever-so-grateful that He comes seeking & saving me.
Great thoughts here, my friend.
Kathleen
And that the Lord would remember us...as he remembered Noah, that he would bestow his favor upon us. ;)
On my Selah CD their song "Hiding Place" is my very favorite! Yes...thankfully I have been found by the Lord! Now if I could only stop trying to take care of myself sometimes and trust completely in Him!
Great thoughts as usual !
Marilyn
Post a Comment