Monday, March 14, 2011

Letting you in on a little secret

CHARLES H. SPURGEON QUOTATION: "If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled."

Why is it, that in general, people are never content? They are always hungry for more whether it be money, fame, job status, control, prestige, and even time.

As God continues to mature me, I have begun to learn to be content. Meaning that it is a process and I've not completely arrived yet. My statement for myself doesn't mean that I don't care and it certainly doesn't mean that I don't get hurt, but it means that I am trusting God. He'll provide for me and take care of me if I'll simply come under Him.

I want to be more and more like Paul:

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13 NIV

Father God, I want to have You on my heart and in my thoughts more and more, at the beginning of the day, throughout the day and at the end of the day. To be thankful, to be kind, to be loving and just as importantly to be content. Father, what I am enduring is such a small puzzle piece of a much larger and more beautiful picture than I can even begin to imagine. I am choosing to trust You as well as walk in Your statutes. Lord, I love YOU!

Living out "cease striving" as well as "learning to be content" one day at a time,
Yolanda at Higher Grounds

6 comments:

Beth Herring said...

great post Yolanda - fits right in with the place God has me right now.

Lynn said...

~AMEN!!~ Absolutely beautiful post!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Terri Tiffany said...

Ok-- I admit-- I am so jealous that you are on vacation in Hawaii again:)) Hope your time there is refreshing and filled with blessings.

Rebecca said...

That Spurgeon quote is a "keeper"!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

You are such a blessing!! I so wish I could be your neighbor and just soak in God with you!

Believing Him~Pamela

Kathleen said...

This is one lesson I learn over-and-over again. Right now it seems to have stuck. Contentment is my shawl for the day. However, I know all too well how easily it falls from my shoulders, and how equally easy malcontentment settles in like fog.

Such a good thing to ponder every day!

Kathleen