One of my favorite places to be in our home, is in the kitchen. I get great pleasure out of trying new recipes as well as our preparing our true favorites. I get a kick out of putting a little of this and a little of that into a "dish" and seeing the flavors tantalize us. This didn't just happen for me over night! This has been a journey that has entailed: failing, as well as trying again and oh yes, success (sweet victory).
This morning I am stirred to become more aware of my surroundings. That my life is a journey with failures that cause me to either turn and try again taking me to victory, or to truly dump what I was doing and make a 180 degree turn. More importantly this morning to do my mundane routine with joy and excellence, and by this I mean what we do normally such as washing the dishes or folding a load of clothes. As I have been reflecting on this it has come to my mind that if I will begin to live this out, won't I then in turn be affecting the rest of my day in a much more positive and pleasing way? Won't this affect those that are around me for the better? Especially pleasing my heavenly Father by counting it all joy?
Lord, thank You for bringing something so simple to the Light for me. A change is happening and I thank You for that in me. That as I stir goodies for my husband and I to dine on, that You are stirring me as well to be pleasing for those that come into my presence. Lord, please never stop stirring me. I need You so! Thank You Jesus. Amen.
With love at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
My friend, my desire is to do everything I do with excellence. I know that I fail so often, but I keep trying.
Love ya,
This is such a sweet post Yolanda. It is truly my desire to always walk with a spirit of excellence.
Blessings my friend,
Vickie
Reading your last few posts, I sense that we are at similar "places". It was good for me to see Hagar through your eyes....and today, I'm kind of right where YOU are as expressed in "A new morning".
Let joy and excellence continue to mark our "journey"!
O.K......today you have brought me a challenge....a much needed one! And that is "to do my mundane routine with joy and excellence"
I'm gonna try that out today and see if I can! :)
Love you much my friend!
Marilyn
oh, keep stirring me Lord!
I, too am trying to be more aware of my surroundings and how GOD wants me to change things in my own life.
Blessings,
andrea
Love those last few words you wrote - "that You are stirring me as well to be pleasing for those that come into my presence. Lord, please never stop stirring me. I need You so! Thank You Jesus. Amen"
May He never stop stirring us!!!
[[HUGS]] Stephanie
While driving home from vacation today, I was in a bit of a "mood." I remembered something Beth Moore once said in regards to this... "God doesn't just change our day, he can change our mood!" I took a moment to pause and pray for a better mood at that very minute.
I think about this while reading your post, how our "everything" can be to the glory of God, even the mundane things that sometimes burden us with their requirement.
Hope you are well, Yolanda. It's good to visit with you this evening.
peace~elaine
Yes, life is a journey... and each experience to which we respond in a godly way draws us ever closer to his heart...
May we all encourage each other to be women of excellence.
Always glad to read what is on your heart YOlanda...
Love
Lidj
Post a Comment