
As I sipped on my first cup of coffee this morning in the quietness and stillness of Christmas eve, I grabbed my journal and began to write. I was pondering the birth of Jesus Christ as we put the final touches on our Christmas plans around the world today. That God's plans were put into place through the birth of Jesus Christ as well as the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That was God's best for each one of us, as we are all sinners in need of hope and salvation. It takes a mighty humbling to recognize that one is truly a sinner. That there are absolutely no "good" people without sin, yes a mighty humbling.
But my thoughts went even farther than that as I thought about Joseph and Mary and the joys and heartaches that they endured as Christ's earthly parents. And their parents as Christ's grandparents.
Father God, thank You for stirring my heart this morning. For reminding me to become still this morning reflecting upon Your Goodness. I hunger for Your best Father God. May my love for You grow in 2012 like it has never grown before....stir me Holy Spirit! In Christ's Name, amen.
But my thoughts went even farther than that as I thought about Joseph and Mary and the joys and heartaches that they endured as Christ's earthly parents. And their parents as Christ's grandparents.
Father God, thank You for stirring my heart this morning. For reminding me to become still this morning reflecting upon Your Goodness. I hunger for Your best Father God. May my love for You grow in 2012 like it has never grown before....stir me Holy Spirit! In Christ's Name, amen.
Merry Christmas from Yolanda at Higher Grounds
5 comments:
What a blessing this post was to my heart this morning Yolanda! Am sipping my first cup of coffee from the Christmas mug you gave me! Hope you have the most blessed Christmas ever!!
Love you!
Marilyn
Merry Christmas my friend! Looking forward to hugging your neck in just a few days. Love you!
Oh, yes, may the fire of the Holy Spirit ignite us this year!
"... the goodness of God leads thee to repentance ..." Romans 2: 4
I hope your Christmas was filled with hugs & love & chocolate. I also hope 2012 is a year of blessings beyond measure. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment