"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:6 NIV
Upon returning from Houston I realized once again how important it is to be in fellowship with others that are like minded. There is something beautiful, comforting and reassuring about Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. I realized and have learned how the Word of God speaks to each one of us on so many different levels. That God's Word truly is life and apart from it we are walking/journeying into death.
I firmly believe for me, and perhaps for you as well, that placing scripture on my heart begins the process of changing me to be more like Jesus. When I go over and over the scriptures that I am currently memorizing as well as the ones that I have memorized the last three years, I am comforted as well as convicted to God's truths.
This morning as I continued on in my journey of scripture memorization of James 1 with verse 6, I thought to myself how much it reminds me of the last couple of days here in Kansas. That my doubting is so much like the tumbleweeds that are blown here, there and yonder. BUT...if I stay ATTACHED TO THE GROUND no matter how hard the wind blows, I will not be tossed or moved. The key is staying attached, and the key to believing and not doubting is staying attached. This root system keeps us grounded or secured. The ground here for all purposes represents God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit....The Word of God.
Father, thank You for the ability to be in Your presence 24/7/365. That we are not like our ancestors, the Israelites, that were kept away from Your Glory. We have full access, and Lord I am one that not only thanks You for that, but asks that this access would change me. When I became Your Daughter, I also gave you access, a beautiful relationship that You initiated. By being in Your Word, I see areas of my life and heart that needs changing. I want nothing to do with being tossed here and there like the waves of the sea. Lord, I'm trusting You.
With love,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yolanda...so beautifully spoken...by a beautiful heart! Love you today!
Yolanda - you came to my mind this very morning! Then I read this in Ephesians 4:12-14 today which ties in to what the Lord is speaking to your heart: "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ - THEN we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming." May His word be hidden in our hearts to bring us to maturity in those areas that the enemy has been able to attack. Thank you for your heart!
Such a beautiful post Yolanda. I am so in love with the Word and the power in it. I also believe that it's so important for believers of like mind to come together. So, so so important. Thank you for this post.
blessings,
Vickie
Beautiful post. We must, must, must stay attached to our Anchor. Otherwise we blow here and there without purpose or peace. God bless you, sweet woman.
How I love that we "have full access" to God now! But it makes me sad to think how many times I do not take full advantage of this privilege! Thank you so much for this post today!
Marilyn
The only time I find myself at a dead end, in trouble, or feeling the blahs is when my diet is scripture deficient.
Such a good word!
Beautifully written. This has me thinking of my grandmothers recent passing and how she was one that encouraged us to read his word. She was grounded and not tossed by the winds. I want to exemplify the same in my life as well.
Blessings,
Rachel
Post a Comment