I am ecstatic, doing a VICTORY DANCE, PRAISING GOD, saying YES LORD! YES LORD! Here I am, and I am Your CHILD! I so want to encourage you as Hebrews 10:25 commands us.
Are you ready for this? Oh my, it just doesn't get much better than this....on a beautiful spring like day in Sunny Southwest Kansas!
I was emailing a friend about a study that we are going to do together over the Internet by Lysa TerKeurst titled, "What Happens When Women Say Yes To God". I had just read the first chapter and was sharing with Lelia that I thought I had missed God on Monday with a particular situation and walking in obedience. I honestly and simply wasn't sure if it was Him, or me.
I had no more than hit SEND when in walked a man to my office. I needed to finish up a "business" call that I was on and had to step away from my desk. When I walked back in, this young man had picked up my KJIL (Christian Radio) devotional as I had placed it out on the front counter. I receive two every time, one for us personally and one for our business.
I don't have a clue what came over me other than OBEDIENCE! And so I just stepped out in BOLDNESS AND FAITH & said, are you a Christian?
No Ma'am.
Why would you want that devotional?
Because I need to do some reading and I need some help from up above some days.
I said not some days, but 24/7; we ALL do. Then he asked me about the station and could he get it here locally.
I asked him if he would like to give his heart to Christ, and he said, "no I need to clean up some things first." I shared with him that He takes us just as we are, we don't need to clean up, He cleans us up. Believe me, I was a mess of a woman. We talked about denominations and local churches.
When he left, I told him that I would be praying for him to accept Jesus Christ. That I wasn't about denominations, but I was about being a Christ Follower and attending church.
His name is Miguel, will you join me in praying that God will chase him down?? !!!!
Matthew 7:21 The Message "Knowing the correct password - saying 'Master, Master,' for instance - isn't going to get you anywhere with me. What is required is serious obedience - doing what my Father wills."
With this situation that I found myself in I see: heart issues, obedience, walking my faith, truly telling the WORLD....OF GOD, The Great Commission!
IS THAT NOT LIKE GOD? Because I was kicking myself in the hiny over the situation yesterday, here He came pursuing me with another chance! A SECOND CHANCE!!! Jonah 3:1-3 is about God giving Jonah a second chance, grab your bible and dig in Girlfriends, learn about those second chances. .
Isn't that just the coolest?
Thank you for allowing me to BRAG ON GOD with His second chance for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's all about GRACE!! What a great opportunity God placed you in. I have prayed that this young man cannot rest until he calls on God. Love being used by God! Way to go girl!!
Thanks for the comments on my blog-I think we have a lot in commom-our marriages. Maybe we can meet and do lunch some time since we are not so far from each other. I would love to hear more of your story-your testimony!
In His Graces~Pamela
Thanks for sharing your boldness with him and us. God Bless you Yolonda an you obey Him. ~janel
I loved reading that a 2nd time too Yolanda!! How does that song go? "Our God is an awesome God..."
Oh & if you & Pamela do "lunch" count me in! :)
Girls weekend??
love,
Lelia
Post a Comment