Friday, March 28, 2008

Tragedy hits everyday all over the world, yesterday, it happened to have hit way too close!

Along with tragedy for the community of Ulysses yesterday, today God placed on my heart two other "T" words, that are The Words For Today!

Trust and TESTIFY are our words as Believers.

My thoughts of course, have continued to stay focused on my home. Five families will be forever changed as yesterday their daughters were involved in a very horrific accident.

My prayer is:

Lord, wrap big wide loving open arms around these 5 families. May they in time find hope and comfort with You as their Anchor. May this drive them to the Cross and not to the prince of this world. I ask for kind, gentle, loving words and hearts be directed towards all 5 of these precious families. Sorrow is for the night, but joy WILL come in the morning. Thank You Jesus, Amen.

There was a quote on my journal page yesterday, that seems to comfort me. I pray that it may bring comfort to you also, what ever it is that you are facing this very day. Your own "tragedy".

"How much lighter trials become when we realize God's grace is twofold. It is not only the happy ending. It is also the peace we can feel during a painful journey, when we trust in God-ALL THE WAY. Doris Haase"

Some scriptures that I have come across this morning, in my early time of having God and coffee as I watch His beautiful creation, so Girlfriends, grab The Word of God and let's find comfort in Him alone!

Jeremiah 31:12 (I found this in my quiet time, but I also was blessed by my God-daughter this morning, for sharing this very scripture with me also. She had classes with some of these girls.)

John 3:16

John 11:25

John 13:34-35

John 16:20b

Revelation 21:4.

The interesting thing is that Revelation 21:4 was my Scripture for yesterday, and John 3:16 for today out of a Scripture Calendar I use by David Wilkerson.

And I end with this, as I continue to pray for each one of you, that even though I can't even begin to understand, I do take great comfort in 5 little words.

MY GOD IS IN CONTROL.

Revelation 21:4-5 NIV

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

As I close, He has just revealed one more "T" word....very fitting, HE IS TRUSTWORTHY!

Additional after I posted this:

Psalm 119:28 NIV My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Now out of the Holman Christian Standard Bible:

I am weary from grief; strengthen me through Your word.

4 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Yolanda-I can't even imagine facing something like this without having God to lean on. These families are in my prayers. Bless you dear friend for showing such compassion to these families in your post and testifying to God's refuge in such troubled times.

In His Graces~Pamela
(sorry-I'm tired and my first post had too many errors!!

Jodie Wolfe said...

If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Joyful said...

So thankful for such a wonderful Comforter. Praying you have experienced Him in your heartbreak today. Praying He will guide you as you reach out with His love to these families when you return home. When we don't understand His ways, we can still trust His heart.
Love & prayers,
Joy