Saturday, August 23, 2008

How Deep Is The Water?

I am so happy to say....in my daily bible reading that it is time to move out of Ezekiel! :0) Yes, I actually said that as for Ezekiel proved to be a test for me. I enjoy how God's word penetrates our hearts and minds. The test can be difficult, especially in the books we don't spend as much time in, for what ever reason. To then apply it to my life, the application becomes the test.

As I neared the end I found myself once again learning about the River that runs under and through the Temple. There is much here to grasp in the spiritual vs. actual for you and I.

1) Is the water flowing?

2) How deep is the water?

3) Where are you or I in regards to the depths of water?

4) Once again, is the water flowing or stagnant?

5) Are we seeing growth?

If you will read Ezekiel Chapter 47, verses 1-12 (here) you will see where the questions arose for me this morning. The water was flowing (but you and I can stop the flow of the water) and as Ezekiel was led to the water he found it to be ankle-deep. He continues to be led into knee-deep, then waist deep, then water that was deep enough to swim in. A river that NO ONE could cross, and Ezekiel is then led back to the bank of the river.

Who is leading him? Who is leading us? If we aren't going from ankle to knee to waist deep water, what is holding us back? Are you and I allowing God to lead us, or is the world, perhaps even "self"? We don't go from one depth to the next, without His leading.

Verse 12 really hit me, because if we are allowing God to lead us, look at what is a guarantee!

"Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing."

My thoughts as I ponder this last verse...both banks of the river. Perhaps both areas of my life, working world and home life. (Public vs. private) My new growth and new fruit will not wither or fail. Every month I will produce BECAUSE of Christ's LIVING WATER that flows to me by spending time with Him, praying, being in the Word, loving Him thru serving because He loves me so and I want to show Him I love Him also, being connected to other Believers, and what He has done for me will serve to feed and heal others. Oh, GLORY TO GOD! HE IS ALIVE!!!!

Doesn't that just make you want to go out a little deeper?

Father,
Thank You for Your word that still speaks to our hearts and lives this very day. Thank You for promises that are fulfilled and promises that will be fulfilled. Thank You for testimonies that cause fruit to be harvested and leaves that bring a healing/covering. Speaking for myself, and I pray for those reading this, I/we don't want the river to stop flowing. Father, May YOU ALWAYS GET THE GLORY AND HONOR. Father, we desire to go deeper. With Jesus holding our hands, leading us out into the deep. We love YOU, desiring to elevate and exalt The Name Of Jesus! Amen.

I'm putting on my suit, lets go swimming!

**Note from Yolanda, if you haven't read Birthing my passion from my Pain, please do so and notice the comment from Teri, as God & I had already written "How Deep Is The Water?" but I hadn't put it on my blog, just sent it out in email format as I needed to run an errand. Wanting to show you just how AWESOME God is!**

15 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Yolanda, this is very deep, and no, I'm not trying to be cute! It made me think of SCM "Dive."

Laura said...

Wow! I don't think I have ever studied these verses, and your words have really made me look again at them! I just love how the Word is that way! Thank you, Yolanda, for a fresh word tonight!

Yolanda said...

Dive


The long awaited rains
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground
And carved their way to where
The wild and rushing river can be found
And like the rains
I have been carried here to where the river flows yeah
My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there is no turning back
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That’s telling me it’s time to take the leap of faith
So here I go

I’m diving in I’m going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush lost in the flow in over my head I want to go
The river’s deep the river’s wide the river’s water is alive
So sink or swim I’m diving in

There is a supernatural power
In this mighty river’s flow
It can bring the dead to life
And it can fill an empty soul
And give a heart the only thing
Worth living and worth dying for yeah
But we will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of god
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood
So if you’ll take my hand
We’ll close our eyes and count to three
And take the leap of faith
Come on let’s go


Lyrics for Dive, by SCC.

God Chaser said...

This was great. How the Holy Spirit used you to gain understanding and share these verse.

Joyfulsister said...

Amen Sistah,
I need to get into that chapter myself and find some treasures that will speak to me as well. I do want to go deeper, sometimes we just wade in the water, I'm with you I got my swimming suit on let's dive deeper!!! Praise the Lord , Thank you for a wonderful insight.

Hugz Lorie

Tammy M. said...

Thanks for your comment on Espressohislove.blogspot.com
I am so glad I found your blog through that comment.

Runner Mom said...

Oh, my goodness, Yolanda, sweetie! That is so deep!!! But, I need that insight! I can't wait to grab my Bible and read those scriptures for myself! And what a challenge! Am I only wading in the water or am I ready to plunge in? This is a great visual for me!Thanks so much!

Hope you're having a great day!
Love ya,
Susan

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I need to go and do some further study on these verses. Thanks for digging so deep. You make me want to dig deeper into God's Living Water.

peace~elaine

Kristen said...

I am ready to jump in with you sister! Wow... as a few gals said.. that is very deep and there in no pun intended!
I love this post!

Runner Mom said...

Yolanda! I just read Lisa W's post and saw your precious comment. I will be praying for you as well about what God has laid upon your heart! You have such a love for Him, and the words that you share...my friend, I would LOVE To hear you speak!!

Love you,
Susan
Jeremiah 33:3

Jill Beran said...

Thanks for sharing some deep thoughts and encouraging me to jump in too!! Thanks for the insight!! Blessings, Jill

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I created and taught a course called "Nutrients for the Body and Soul" in a church I use to go to. My favorite unit to teach was on the effects of water on our body and more so the effects of our Living Water on our soul. I plan to study these verses more!!

Blessings!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Ezekiel 33 has always blown me away. Very ouchy stuff. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!! :)))

Rachel Olsen said...

Hey Vonda. Runnermom visited my blog today and told me that you had just blogged on Ezekiel 47:1-12 too.

A week ago I wrote a devotion on that very passage, which is published today at Proverbs 31 Ministries, and then I wrote a blog post about it this morning. Another blog visitor told be the Charles Stanely devotion today was on a very similar subject.

How cool! Off to look around your blog ~ Rachel

Joyful said...

The depth of water can change - not so much because it changes (although it can due to the rain of God's blessings etc...), but due to our position in it. How far will I venture out? As long as my feet are touching the bottom, I'm still in control. It's only when it's 'over my head' that God can raise me up.

Diving in,
Joy