Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Power of Prayer

Good morning, I pray that as you are reading this, you are doing well and coming to grasp just how much Christ loves you! It is an awesome way to start the morning and end your day "to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" Ephesians 3:18.


I was thanking God on my way to the office this morning for HIS ANSWERED PRAYER. I wonder, do we, as The Church, as BELIEVERS and BY BELONGING TO THE BODY OF CHRIST truly grasp the power of prayer? Do we grasp the power of the Holy Scriptures?


I'm not sure we do because I listen to others walking in defeat or heavy with burdens never once asking for prayers of others. I'm not saying that all of those men, women and children are walking this way because they haven't asked. Yet, I have come to realize that when I question one of God's beloved about praying they say I didn't want to bother you, or I didn't think about it, or God has much more important things to be taking care of.


WRONG! There is power in prayer! How do I know this? Matthew 18:19-20 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." That tells me that HE hears my prayers, He hears your prayers, and by aligning ourselves with His WILL, He answers them. That doesn't mean we get what we want, it means He answers with the BEST ANSWER for the situation we are seeking answers over.


Just this morning, after three days of intense pain in my left hip, thigh and shin area, after a restless night of not being able to get comfortable...I got face down on the stairs, because that was a comfortable position with my aches, and truly asked God to touch me. He did instantly, RIGHT then! The pain started dissipating, my lower back and the area between my shoulder blades just cracked and popped. I sat back in awe, because I hadn't come asking before now. I had taken some Advil, I had voiced my hurt at the office but I hadn't taken the time to pray for myself. Lord, thank YOU, there is POWER IN PRAYER.


Sunday morning in our services, a particular small group came to the microphone to recite the scriptures that they have been putting to memory. I have also been working on writing God's Word on my heart. "No one is like you, O LORD, you are great, your name is mighty in power." Jeremiah 10:6. Do you see that, His NAME IS MIGHTY IN POWER. The Holy Scriptures are our life line!


Father, I come before You thanking You for the power that is in YOUR NAME ALONE. That You are MIGHTY; that Your love for us is wider than the universe, deeper than the ocean, higher than the stars, and longer than the prairies. I hunger for my Brothers and Sisters in Christ to grasp the power of prayer. To desire Your presence and a relationship with YOU that will far surpass any relationship that we have had or will have with another. Thank You Lord for the BEST answers to our prayers. Thank You for the power that comes with asking for another to pray in agreement with me because of a concern or need that I have. I praise You Lord in the morning, at noon, and in the evening. In Your Son's Name, JESUS. Amen.

12 comments:

Melinda said...

Such words of truth about the WORD OF TRUTH! Thank you for spurring us on to live it, breath it, speak it and BELIEVE IT!

So much love to you this day,
Melinda

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yolanda:
Thank you for your thoughts on prayer. I've always believed that it is one of the greatest privileges we've been given as children of God. We can talk to the King of all creation and have his full participation in the matter.

I love prayer. I love to pray for others. I believe in it and have seen its power in action.

Thanks for your thoughts.

peace~elaine

Lelia Chealey said...

AMEN sister! There is so much power in prayer and just even in His Name!
Glad your pain is gone!
love you,
Lelia

Runner Mom said...

How awesome! I just LOVE seeing God in action!! Some people say that they never do...and it goes back to your post. They don't ask! Thanks for this wonderful and scriptural reminder! I am so glad that your pain is gone!! Woohoo! Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend!!
Love ya,
Susan

Paula V said...

Yes, there is MUCH power in prayer. Many times I think when we want to help others or others want to help us, either their or our answer is "just prayer". Though we know what that means, it can belittle the power of prayer. JUST pray...praying is ALL we need...and faith to believe in His answers in His time and His way.

I've shared with you my prayer needs and ask that you continue to pray for both me and my beloved.
Love,
Paula

God Chaser said...

Gret post- I agree too many don't realize the power of prayer and truly don't understand God waits for our prayers and is more bother because we don't come to Him. A beautiful prayer. thanks for this post. May the Holy Spirit continue too use you to teach.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, Amen! I have learned and continue to learn everyday just how powerful prayer is. Whether it is a prayer asking for a healing touch, or a prayer of thanksgiving, God always answers each prayer. He wants us to come to Him, even with the small things, I'm learning! God is so good!

Joyfulsister said...

Amen!!
I stand with you on these words of truth. There is power in prayer and just knowing that our sweet Jesus is just a prayer away is a comfort in itself. He loves when we come to his throne of glory and take time to talk with him and fellowship with him in prayer. Wonderful post my Sistah!! Hugz Lorie

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am striving to be more of a prayer warrior. I am posting each Monday things we can pray for our husbands through the week...something God laid on my heart (probably because my husband is going through significant changes and is going to need my support and prayers). We can never pray too much!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lisa said...

Thank you for pointing me to Jesus today through this blog. How much it must glorify Him for you to share these precious thoughts!

Lisa :)

Yolanda said...

Girlfriends,

God is amazing and He is up to something. This afternoon, with-in 15 minutes of each other, I've had two people that are just an acquaintence get a hold of me, asking me to pray for them.

One via e-mail, one via a phone call. One a female, one a male.

Lord, please remind us that there is power in prayer, and that when others ask us to pray for them, that we truly go that next step, and do so. Thank You Jesus, Amen.

Love you all!!!

Yolanda

Joyful said...

There IS power in prayer. It is the greater work, and I am so thankful for the privilege of this intimacy with my Savior.

Prayer results in answers, but even more it helps me focus on His presence. I don't want to desire His answers more than I desire Him.

Blessings and love,
Joy