The very last day of September and here in my home town we are sitting right at 73 degrees. There is a slight breeze, the sun is shining and it is time for me to brag on God.
You and I haven't done this for some time, but lets pause to appreciate and count our blessings. How about FALL-ing to our knees in THANKFULNESS for the SON that is shining!!
I can't express enough how much my heart enjoys the changes in our seasons. I always think when spring gets here how much I LOVE spring, and then when fall creeps in, I have a new mindset. I LOVE fall! With spring we see new birth and with fall we see the beauty in death. I would not enjoy living on Maui or in Alaska year-round, no sir-ree, I would not, I get the biggest thrill with the changes in the seasons.
I also want to share the most simplest yet largest joys that I saw just this morning. God was, as He always is, ALL OVER OUR STUFF! Can I get an Amen? Not really knowing how each day will play out, but simply learning to roll with the flow and Sisters today was a blessing! At 8:00 this morning in walked my part-time helper, Brittney. She came bearing gifts, fresh baked cookies that are simply the softest most delicious home made morsels ever. To top it off, she also came with a heart-felt gift for my husband. He is in to polishing rocks and has been looking for just the "perfect" container to house them for the young children to walk into our office and pick out their own beautiful rock. For those that might not know, dirt and rock is our business. Brittney found the perfect container and Bill's eyes just lit up.
It so tickles me to see someone that is NINETEEN years old and a single parent, that so has her eyes off of herself and onto others. She is absolutely a GEM! Perhaps you will remember her from "God gave me a second chance". I also know she would appreciate your prayers for her as she is getting so close to fulfilling the requirements to receive her High School diploma.
I wanted to take a few moments to evaluate her progress as today she has been part-time in my office a full 60 days. She loves her job, you can see it across her face, her family sees a change in her, as well as my office. Her countenance has changed drastically in the past 60 days. Much more confident, eager to please, and smart as a whip! But what really tickles my heart this afternoon and causes my eyes to well up was her reaction from this evaluation.
My man and I were alone here over the lunch hour and as I was sharing with him the jest of our meeting, I couldn't help but well up. You see, with that evaluation, and just listening to the prompting of the Holy Spirit I told her that I wanted to give her a raise. You should have seen the blessing that I received, the most beautiful smile that radiated from deep with-in. As I expressed this to Bill, the tears welled and honestly as I put this to paper, I'm about to choke up, because all I can think of is God's Word. I know that you pray this just as well as I do, that when we face our Savior, we will hear "Well done, good and faithful servant." What will our faces look like to The Master? I can't imagine it being much prettier than the smile I, myself, received just this morning. GLORIOUS!
Now that is a blessing, to be sure to count!
**Matthew 25:21 and 25:23 ""His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
This is such a beautiful post Yolanda.
"You and I haven't done this for some time, but lets pause to appreciate and count our blessings. How about FALL-ing to our knees in THANKFULNESS for the SON that is shining!!"
I absolutely love what you wrote here. It makes me want to shout to the mountaintop. God is great, He is wonderful.
God bless you and your husband for being such a blessing. You don't even have to wait for eternity to see how you are effecting change.
Praise God!!!
Blessings
Vickie
Vickie's favorite was also my favorite!
Isn't it so exciting when you get caught up in everything that God is blessing us with, until we can't do anything else except praise Him!?!
I imagine that the thrills that we get when blessing others is just an inkling of how happy God is when He blesses us, and then we BRAG ON HIM to the world!
You have a wonderful helper there! What a great story and reminder again. Fall is here in Fla but the only way we can tell is a few leaves on the ground and cooler temps but I can pretend!
I miss you! I have been away traveling with Mark and visiting family and then - away as in icky because of the side effects from med day.
I am learning on those days to just be still and read HIS word and study and not complain or try not because whining has always been my forte.
Don't forget me out there in blogville!!
Love and prayers!
Teri
p.s. I loved your post and you and Bill are gems. What you did for that young women is like huge. Didn't you just start crying because GOD poured out oil of gladness all over your sweet head and you can't contain yourself! I love that!
Hey Yolanda.
Great post. I love your cleaverness in saying FALLing to your knees in thanksfulness for the Son is shining.
I was clinging to your every word about Brittney. Don't you love it when we just follow our heart and our God and in return He blesses us through the other person? That is so wonderful. I've had many ocassions where I simply shared my heart or thoughts with another and in return that person blessed my socks off and all I was doing was revealing my heart thoughts.
Only He can orchestrate such things.
May God continue to bless you through Brittney as long as she is there. What beauty in such a YOUNG person these days.
Love,
Paula
Yolanda
Such a wonderful post. Is it wonderful how God puts people together, in each other's paths. You always inspire me.
Tessa
I bet you are the best to work for. Keep blessing that girl and God will continue to bless you in return!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Thanks for stopping over today-- and about that loving embrace--won't it be nice when it is from Jesus?
Hey Yolanda, hope you are doing well and being blessed of God.
Dropping by to let you know you've been tagged. Stop by my blog when you have some time.
Vickie
Post a Comment