Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jesus IS THE BEST! 10/22/2008

Sisters, do you ever take a moment or two and just pamper yourself? You might be surprised to find, that even for me that is hard to do on a regular basis. So when I do take the time, it becomes a pure delight to my heart. Yesterday late afternoon while being gone on vacation, I booked both Bill and I for a duo massage.

When we walked into the facility, this is what I had on:




The receptionist jumped up and said something to the effect of, YES GOD. With her hands raised in praise. I'm thinking in my heart that she is no different than the rest of us, that our jobs can be a very dark place and that we are called to be witness' to The Light Of Christ. I asked her what my shirt said, and she truly said, "JESUS IS THE BEST". Her spirit was so evident and her face radiated joy. I knew for however brief, I had a friend and Sister-in-Christ here at the Beauty Salon.



I looked it up on line and found this: "No Ka Oi" Means "is the best" in Hawaiian


I wonder what the unsaved think when they see us? More importantly, what do they see? I was in the book of John, Chapter 1, this morning and this caused me to reflect on the God Stop yesterday with Jade and her words. Verse 6-10 NIV "There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him."

Father, thank YOU for BEING THE BEST. Thank You for opportunities to shine Your Light. Thank You especially for God Stop's through out each and every day we have here on this earth. Father, may we remind our small part of this large world, that You are in control. And as we come upon a very critical election for leadership in the United States, may the man that wins, TRULY LIVE TO SAY, JESUS IS THE BEST! Amen.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Yolanda this is beautiful. It connects with what I was reading just this morning in Titus. Paul was encouraging him to be an example in everything and at all times.

It is so important to shine our light, we never know who it will cover.

Bless you
Vickie

Terri Tiffany said...

What a wonderful way to share Jesus:) Sounds like your whole day was good!!

Paula V said...

How wonderful. We rarely see people react this way to the message on a t-shirt of Jesus is the best. I bet you had holy bumps.

What a wonderful prep right before getting a relaxing massage.

Love,
Paula

Melinda said...

That's awesome! Isn't it fun to find those of like heart?

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Yolanda.. Please come over when you can I have 2 awards I want to share with you..

Hugz Lorie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

So glad for your massage and for the wonderful "God-stop" he planted on your path. Truly, his seeds of grace are planted everywhere; if only we had the eyes to see and the wisdom to pause long enough to breathe him in!

You look refreshed. I'm so happy for your rest.

peace~elaine

Christy said...

Yolanda, thank you for visiting! I'm truly enjoying your blog! Yes I am from Kansas, born and raised! I'm from Northeast Ks, North of Topeka. I went to K-State, then met my husband and started this wonderful, although crazy at times life as an Army Wife! :)

God Bless

Gran Jan said...

Yolanda! I miss you too! These pictures make me miss my teenage years. I lived in Hawaii when I was in high school - my Dad was a career Marine - we lived on Oahu, but loved Maui.

Hey - I put the Apple Dumplings recipe in the Siesta Fiesta Cookbook! Isn't it the greatest dessert - always a hit!

I'm babysitting Zeke this morning while my son and daughter-in-law attend a funeral -

Take care - love your blog!

Aloha oi,
Georgia Jan

Terri Tiffany said...

Had to pop in and say I'm a baby in writing too--only three years but what a blessing to write for the Lord!

Terra said...

What a fun way to be greeted, when she read your tee shirt's words.
You two connected as soul sisters, and lifted each other's spirits, I am sure.