I took this picture in June of 2005 early one morning as I was leaving for the office. I believe it shows the GLORY OF GOD! How can one not look to the skies and DECLARE His majesty?

Another favorite sunrise picture I have taken and I've titled it Psalm 57:11.
BE EXALTED, O GOD, ABOVE THE HEAVENS; LET YOUR GLORY BE OVER ALL THE EARTH.
I am praying, asking and believing that today you and I not to be found worshipping creation, but instead The Creator. No big bang theory, not even a what if...but oh that we would be found standing on God's TRUTH.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day." Genesis 1:1-5
Father, thank You that the skies proclaim the work of YOUR hands. I ask that we would be found EXALTING You as we shout from the depths of our souls, LOOK AT WHAT GOD HAS DONE! When I get my eyes lifted up and I see the works that You have created, my breath escapes me and I am in total awe. My mind ponders: Lord, what will heaven look like? How can one say there is no God? Father, I thank You for my physical eye sight to see Your beauty and I thank You that You have opened my spiritual eyes. Lord Jesus Christ, may we keep You, The Son, in our eyes. Amen.
**Sisters and Brothers, if we are found keeping our eyes on Jesus Christ, our eyes will be placed where they need to be. Not on what others are doing or not doing, but on the relationship that is most important.....You and Christ.** 1 John 5:21 NLT "Keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts."
8 comments:
Loved this Yolanda!! Beautiful pictures and I love what you ask us to join you in here:
"I am praying, asking and believing that today you and I not to be found worshipping creation, but instead The Creator."
AWESOME Yolanda...simply AWESOME!
You always speak such truth into my heart.
Thank you for that.
Love,
Lelia
Thank you for your prayers for Carmie. I was going to text you, but my phone is dead. xoxo
I am shouting "Look at what God has done" and my prayer this weekend as I work with the sick is that they see the SON in my eyes too! Beautiful pictures!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Hey, Yolanda! When I see something magnificent that God has created, I am swept away by His awesome power. These pictures were beautiful, and I loved the scripture that you shared. This was a great post.
Love ya,
Susan
What a beautiful post Yolanda. I am absolutely awed at God's creation and don't know how anyone could even doubt for a second that He exists.
Thank you for such gorgeous pictures showing the beauty of the Lord.
Blessings,
Vickie
Georgous pictures, and excellent reminders!!
Skies are a beautiful witness to the creative hands of our Father. I love looking at them, being surprised by them, and simply being allowed the privilege of participating in their beauty...from sun up till sun down.
Skies foster perspective...a bigger focus in a world where I sometimes feel so small. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pics. Thanks, mostly, for being my blogging friend. I love having you in my life.
peace~elaine
I love this...your eyes are the windows to our souls and as Christians...We need to keep the Son there. Love it!!!
Tessa
Oh how I want the Son to be in my eyes - "fixing my eyes on Him, the Author and Perfector of my faith". May I always be looking at Him and may He be seen in me.
Beautiful post!
Love & prayers,
Joy
Post a Comment