Monday, November 24, 2008

A Thanksgiving Psalm



On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence.

Know this: God is God, and God, God. He made us; we didn't make him. We're his people, his well-tended sheep.

Enter with the password: "Thank you!" Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him.

For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.

Psalm 100 The Message


**May your hearts be over-flowing with gratitude this week as you spend time reflecting with your God, family and friends. I love each one of you, and pray special blessings upon you and your families. May our hearts be found applauding GOD, simply because He is God. I would love to hear what you are thankful for, sharing our joys with one another.

13 comments:

Yolanda said...

I am thankful that both my Man and I have hearts that beat for our Lord and Savior. To share my walk with you through this BLOG and telling of what God has done or is doing in my life. To have the opportunity to learn of other women that are hungry and passionate for Jesus Christ. I am thankful that God loves you and I so very much!

Melinda said...

I am thankful to have had a wonderful EARLY Thanksgiving with my sweet little family! For a husband of like mind and heart, for healthy children with beautiful souls, for Christian women to do life with, both near and far, online and in person.

For Jesus Christ, Son of the LIVING God, who sits at the right hand of the Father and make intercession for ME - little ole undeserving me, in whom He happens to delight.

Thankful, really, doesn't even begin to describe it.

Terri Tiffany said...

I am thankful that I am home this holiday and that we are healthy and that I am with my husband! Thank you for your friendship and love of Jesus!

Yolanda said...

My ESV Study Bible arrived today!


Yeehaw, I'm going to crack it open after lunch, I can't hardly contain myself.

Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

Yolanda how beautiful this post is. I'm so thankful that He paired us up through an off chance comment on the LPM blog. GLORY! how He moves.

By the Way! Tag, You're It! Stop on by and see if you want to play along!

Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving.

God Chaser said...

I am thankful for everyday in which God has so graciously granted me. I am thankful for His love and mercy. I am thankful for the doors He opens for me. I am thankful that He is always befoe me preparing the way. I am thankful that He is my rock and my refuge. I am thankful for the family in which He blessed me with, friends also and a world of blogging ministries fill with many women seeking to serve Him, and minister to others-a true blessing to me. Be blessed and have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family, friends and God, the source of all gifts.

Kristen said...

I love you too sweet sister and am joining you as we applaud our God!

I thank Him for you my friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Lora said...

Happy Thanksgiving Yolanda. I stopped by from Michelle's blog. What a beautiful post.

What is the beautiful purple flower pictured at the top of your blog? It is lovely.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Yolanda, as I posted this Beth Moore statement, I thought of you and Teri and how we all can sy we are thankful "He knew that even after the severest beating of my life and by far the deepest brokenness, He'd forgive me, heal me, crucify that self-destructive part of me, and stand me back on my feet through the measureless power of His Spirit." Beth Moore, Stepping Up, pp.75.

Isn't that just the most awesome thing to be thankful for?

Blessings to you this Thanksgiving!

In His Graces~Pamela

Joyful said...

I'm thankful for so many things...so many people...so many blessings....but most of all for the Lord, and how He has showered His love upon me and I am called His child. I'm so thankful that He never changes - that He keeps His promises - that He is with me always - that His plans for me are good and that absolutely nothing is impossible with Him.

Thanking Him for you right now, with love & prayers,
Joy

The Farmer Files said...

I am posting about how I am thankful for November. In two bad economies we have bought and sold homes in November.

Runner Mom said...

I am thankful for family, friends, and the God of the universe.

Hope y'all had a great holiday!

Hugs,
Susan

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Hey Sweet Pea,

I sent you and email, but since you are widely read by bloggers everywhere :-) Would you post that I'm doing a give away at my blog (along with a big thank you to everyone)

Love ya..see you on Facebook...I can't keep up!!
Teri