Friday, December 12, 2008

Proof of Life

When you hear that term, Proof of Life, what do you think of?

Perhaps, like me, you think of proving that something or someone is still living, drawing breath, not dead. How do we go about that, proving that they are living? If it is something, generally making sure it is still ATTACHED. If it is someone, making sure their hearts are beating? In a hostage situation, it generally requires a picture or "live feed" of the person showing the current days newspaper. The reason for a hostage situation to begin with is because the captor knows they are valuable, meaning that the individual(s) is (are) being held for a ransom.

Now let me humor you by looking at this as a Believer. When someone express' to us that they are a Believer what do we generally start looking for? Isn't it PROOF OF LIFE?

That there was been a change. That their hearts are beating for Jesus Christ and that His truth emulates from with-in. That there is unspeakable joy because of the abundant life they are now living. The choices that they make are consistent to God's word. Sister's don't get me wrong, we are NOT perfect and yes there is grace, and with that, we as humans will not ALWAYS make right choices, but we will much more consistently make those right choices.

Proof of Life, won't we see that individual walking in FREEDOM! Why? Because they are ATTACHED to God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and The Holy Spirit. John 15: 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

PROOF OF LIFE means that we are applying God's Word to our very own lives. That others can see and hear a change in us. That the old has died and our heart beats to a new rhythm. Cor 5:17 NIV “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

Now I want to touch upon, being held for a ransom. Non believer's are truly held captive in their sins that they aren't even aware of, but we as Believer's can be held in bondage as well. We can even be in sin when we are in the world, walking way from God, correct? What freed you and I? His ransom, HIS! We recognize that Someone loves and cares about us so much, more than our brains can even begin to fathom. Pure sovereignty! Oh, Father, God thank YOU, thank You, thank YOU!

Psalm 49:7-8 NIV "No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him- the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough-"

Matthew 20:28 NIV “just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

1 Timothy 2:5-6 NIV “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time. “

Hebrews 9:15 NIV “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.”

These scriptures are PROOF from the LIVING WORD OF GOD, totally trust worthy and pointing us to TRUTHS! We must BELIEVE GOD. Matthew 1:21. Romans 6:23. Seek it out, you will NOT be disappointed! I'm also seeing that PROOF OF LIFE then becomes our testimony.

Sisters, can others recognize that there is “Proof of Life” in you?

**If you happen to be reading this, and the term Believer is new to you and your wondering, what does that mean? I think of one that has accepted that they are a sinner in need of a savior. That Savior can only be Jesus Christ! He died for me, you and for all others, but WE have to come to Him. Upon receiving Christ, the Holy Spirit then INSTANTLY comes to reside, LIVE, in us. It is FREE, never EVER costing the receiver one penny nor a “work”. It is all because of GRACE! It cost the giver all....His very life!

Romans 5:8 NIV “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.”




5 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Amen!!
Love you!
Susan

Laura said...

I've never thought about it as "proof of life" before, Yolanda; but this is very true. When we are given this new life, it shows, doesn't it? And then we are this amazing beacon for others.

I pray your holiday season has been sweet this Advent!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Love this concept "proof of life". It is my goal for this new year!! Great read friend!

In His Graces~Pamela

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Proof of life. Great thoughts, Yolanda. I want others to see Christ in me...in my words and my actions and in my eyes. I want to radiate the pulse of heaven in all that I do. This is what I'm asking for this Christmas. Proof of life in me!

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

Yolanda
Something I do desire...to have that Proof of Life in me. I can not help but to go back to the Child in me...
"This little light of mine...I want to let it shine."

Holds true even as a grown up. My childhood pastor, every now and then he would sing this song...and we would be so happy and so full of the spirit...He sang it as his testimony to GOD ALMIGHTY. Simple, yet true and something we all as Christians need to seek.

I love your wisdom and for you sharing things that God has reviled to you.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!!!
Happy Birthday JESUS!
Tessa