This morning our temps sat right at the freezing mark as the sun hadn't peeped up on the horizon yet. My Man arose before me and started the coffee to brewing. I wonder what else is brewing in our lives this morning? Are we being positive and loving? Or do you find yourself leaning more in the negative and perhaps even cantankerous?
No matter what, I have truly come to realize and BELIEVE GOD more than ever before and to do so I must spend time in His word sometime during my day. Preferably in the morning. Even if it is just a 5 minute devotion, or a scripture verse that I am putting to memory but actually the more I spend with Him and His Word, the more I crave our time together. I came across a really awesome quote on January 1st:
We profit from the Word of God only when it takes root in us, and is so fixed in our hearts that it remains there. -John Calvin
As you know from my previous Higher Grounds, EMBRACE is my word for 2009. Embracing is "taking root" don't you think? Celebration Baptist hosted a movie night for our entire community showing "Fireproof", what a huge blessing that we enjoyed. After returning home from our outing I wasn't quite ready to call it a night so I picked up a P31 Woman magazine and the first article was titled: "Embracing A Big World". I got so tickled at how much God confirms to me and how He chooses to confirm that I am on track with HIM. He is the delight of my heart, I thoroughly get a kick out of Him wooing me.
I so desire to embrace what God has for me, but I'm not sure that many could even begin to EMBRACE what God has for them or for me if there is no realization of their worth and value. We hear so much about how "worthless" we are as the human race. But God says differently!
Matthew 10:31 "So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Luke 12:7 "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Acts 13:46 "Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles."
Ephesians 4:1 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."
Colossians 1:17 "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,"
2 Thessalonians 1:5 "All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering."
1 Peter 1:7 "These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
1 Peter 3:4 "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
Until we realize and recognize the One that holds our worth and value, the One who IS SO WORTHY, can we even begin to grasp that we have worth and value!!! When we step into that relationship we join with the Saints in proclaiming Revelation 5:17 "In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"
So today, as you've spent a little time with me, I truly pray that you come away refreshed and perhaps even desiring your own walk with My Savior...Jesus Christ. What He did for you and for me leaves me in awe as I am ever so thankful for what He did for us.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
My price tag says, SOLD! BOUGHT! Yolanda belongs to Jesus Christ! What does your price tag say?
**Update....Absolutely Sisters, we are REDEEMED! FORGIVEN!!**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sold, indeed! Can we ever really grasp how much worth and value we hold? What an awesome God we serve!
Bought by the blood of the Lamb! He truly is an awesome God!! Love you, Yolanda.
I needed to read this today!! Thank you!!! Loved the music too:))happy New Year!
Yes, I have been bought. Purchased at a great price. A cost that only Christ could pay. "...with your blood you purchased men for God..." Rev. 5:9
He paid in full,
for me,
Joy
Wow, coming to this sight is like going to church! You rock, Yolanda!
My tag says Forgiven, Forever!
Ohhh! I love that John Calvin quote. My price tag too says sold: but also Redeemed.
I love how you have a "word" picked out for 2009. She speaks gave me the word "secure" and I was vblown away because it told of the journey I was on and it now reflect what i am-secure in my God. I am carfully praying if that is still me word...hummm.i will keep you posted!!
Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!!! Praying for this visit!
In His graces~Pamela
Oh, I needed this today! Thank you Lord for your servant Yolanda and what Your words through her have meant to me.
I want to be rooted in Christ!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I was thinking the same thing about the trip. God had a plan...
Seeking Him,
Beth
Post a Comment