Girlfriends and Guy friends, I want to get a little personal with you this evening. I want to know, have you ever been delighted? I mean, TRULY delighted? That you just can't help yourself with a squeal, or a little dance, or perhaps even tears of joy? Those emotions just leap from deep down inside of us, something we don't even give a thought to. We just simply react.
I've been delighted this week and I want to be more intentional of God's gifts that He bestows on me, each and every day. I want to be found by Jesus seeking Him now, tomorrow, and always.
The gift that God has given me is memories. I'm not really sure that I had stopped to think about how long lasting that truly is. Bill and I on purpose make memories for the milestones in our lives, it is never about the package that is wrapped. Honestly, many times there isn't a single package, it's all about the journey. A promise we made to one another when we married almost 15 years ago after the aches of divorce.
The past 7 days I've been thinking and reflecting more on the meaning of memories than ever before. Memories is about the investment of self for one another. I haven't been on Facebook all that long, still learning little tricks of how it all works. But last Thursday late afternoon I had a message in my e-mail box from a cousin that I've not heard from in many, MANY years. For me, he was my best friend growing up, and each year when my parents would take a vacation, it was spent in their home. I think often for them, it was the same, they came to Kansas.
We have reconnected and in a short span of time we have chatted about the memories we have of and with one another. 25-35 years ago, memories. It has brought so much joy to my heart and I want to thank MY GOD for this gift. The gift of bringing us back together, the gift of memories, and the gift of Life that flows in us as He is OUR Lord and Savior. You see, Curtis gave his heart to Christ years ago, and has lived on purpose. Me...well it hasn't been all that long, 9 years. I'm thankful for every one of those 9 years, THANKFUL! Today I am living on purpose, INTENTIONAL!
There is a little sadness in my heart as my Man shared that he didn't have those kind of memories. Laughter, joy, togetherness, listening and telling the thoughts that were being rekindled.
Do you think that perhaps God becomes a little bit like my Man? That when we don't fellowship with Him, that He misses that time with us? He misses our laughter, our joy, our togetherness, our listening to Him, and telling Him our thoughts, our very heart?
Job 29:4 "Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house"
James 4:4 " You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."
1 Corinthians 1:9 "God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."
I want to encourage you that if your relationship with Jesus has been lacking that perhaps you are the one that has moved from Him. Would you take that step, back....back into His presence? Build those memories, relish them, for they are a gift from Him.
Father God,
Thank You. Thank You for loving us and giving us the greatest gift of all, Your Son. Thank You for delighting our hearts, for stirring our souls, for making Yourself available for fellowship. Lord, we do not desire to be an enemy but to be an intimate friend with You. My thoughts are upon You and I humbly say, thank You for delighting my heart this week with the re-connection of family. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Yes, I believe you are right that God does miss that time with us. He misses making memories with us. I do know what you mean about reflecting on memories. The smell of dried tobacco brings so many memories to me. Memories that I try to bring back to me even closer. There are many memories that bring joy yet saddness at the same time. Even those memories made with my beloved, I can honestly smile at some of them. Like the time I tried to put tea from a restaurant into our water bottles...we were on a praried farm and wanted to take our drinks with us. I was getting it all over the table. We started laughing so hard I banged my head on the window (our table was by a window). Then there are memories of my grandfather and of my grandparents vacationing in Florida. Yes, I love to see things or smell things that take me back. I can't say I enjoy school years or college years but the years most joyful are grade school with family.
Thanks for this moment in time.
I wish I could say I've been filled with so much joy of late that I squeal. God forgive me for not doing such.
Love,
P
Yolanda,
You have, without knowing, posted things that I need to hear. Things that God has inspired you to write about-has directly hit me. As I was reading this, I feel that that small still voice saying "Take this in, hear it, and do something about it." Then as I was scrolling down to finish reading your post, I say the title of your last "Hot, Cold, or even Lukewarm". I need to go back and read that again. It also takes me back to a sermon I heard my dad preach many years ago...using the metaphor of coffee...that if it was room temperature that it didn't taste good and you just wanted to spit it out.
I have become Lukewarm...in just a few days...
Thank you for your posting...Thank you for being lead by the Holy Spirit.
T
What a great post! I love the analogy. God does want our fellowship and He never moves from us.
Sonya
Yes, I believe that God misses us when we step away. He missed me for a long season during my wilderness wanderings. So glad for the renewed fellowship that I share with him everyday now. So glad for yours also.
Speaking of long ago memories, I sent an email to my "girlfriends" that I mentioned in my latest post. One of them read the blog and then emailed me her take about that day. She remembered it as vividly as I did. We had a good hug via the internet.
I love to think about all the people that glad has placed in my path for certain reasons in certain seasons. I've known some incredible people and so thankful for God's weaving of them into my heart and life.
Have a great weekend, friend, and make some new and wonderful memories with your man and with your Jesus.
peace~elaine
Yolanda, what a tremendous post this is. Nothing means more to God than having His children in His presence.
So beautiful.
Thank you
Vickie
Yolanda, thank you. I am glad that the Lord has brought you and your cousin together.
Blessings,
Miriam
What an awesome thing that you and your cousin could find each other and better yet--share so much!! And you seem to be living your 9 years in Christ so much better than some of us who have been saved for years! Bless you today!!
How cool that you got to connect with your cousin! :)
Yes, I believe the Lord does indeed miss us when we drift away from Him. I remember an inspirational story that floated around the intenet years ago called "Table for Two". Look it up if you haven't read it. It really displays that ache that exists when communion and fellowship is broken between us and the Lord. Powerful stuff and makes you really consider how intentionally (as you put it) you are living your life.
Great post, Yolanda!
Yolanda, great post. I am so loving Esther. When we spend that time He personally talks to us like this morning He personally delievered this scripture to me: Acts 26 16-18 Now get up and stand on yur feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17)I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18)to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place amoung those who are sanctified by faith in me.
How cool is that....
I know He misses us when we are not close to him but even more, I miss Him!! He is the BFF isn't He?
First one of the family to come around Yolanda...keep praying!
In His Graces~Pamela
I have a cousin just like that. We were best of friends. Not to long ago we were drawn back together for a funeral (how ofter does that happen) and we started e-mailing and now he has left his church and started a new inner city church and is serving over 150 of the out casts of society. He tells me there is something very special in what he's doing. Very close to God. Maybe staying close to God is staying active in His Mission. And I pose that as a question to you guys, what do you think?
I'm so happy for you, Yolanda (I keep wanting to call you "Yo", is that strange?) for reconnecting with your cuz. Facebook has been a neat way for me to catch up with some long lost friends too.
I think you are right about God missing us when we don't spend time with HIm. And you know what?? I miss Him too.
Love you, sweet lady.
Hello! :)
Post a Comment