Friday, May 8, 2009

Mothers of Others

Ladies, Mother's Day celebrations are meant to be happy times, full of fond memories, and memory making times. At least here in America, that is what we expect for Mothers Day and Fathers Day. While many of you are truly Mothers and have blood children of your own, there are many as well that have never been in your shoes. I happen to be one of them. I want to especially honor these women today, here at Higher Grounds.


Mothers of Others
Women - young and old
Women - kind and gentle
Women - that have much to give
Women - filled with love to the brim
Children - around the corner
Children - down the street
Children - hungry to be loved
Children - having needs that are not being met
Sisters, Girlfriends, Ladies, MOTHERS OF OTHERS
Your eyes, ears and heart KNOW the longing
Thank YOU for pouring yourselves out onto these children
You sacrifice and give and love deeply
I thank YOU for being so willing to MOTHER OTHERS!
Father, You are so Holy, perfect and totally incredible. I thank You for the women in my life that allow me to pour myself out onto their children. Realizing that You have given me a purpose and a reason and that there is no jealousy found in these Moms as they graciously share their quiver of children. Lord, I pray that other women that come here in the next day or two sense that You see their hearts and their longing to be a Mom. May they be blessed to realize that other children love them and hunger for their nurturing. I thank You for the Other Mothers that have been linked in my own life. I thank You Father for the children that receive my love for them. Father, I desire to love like You. Pour Your love even more into me and onto me to splash onto others. Lord, thank You. Amen.
  1. Happy Mother's Day to every single one of YOU!!!

13 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Happy Happy Mother's day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

And a happy Mother's day to you also, though you may not have children of your own, your time and effort poured into others is certainly not wasted! May you be greatly blessed!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

What a sweet, sweet thing for you to do today Yolanda! You are always thinking of others!

God bless you!!

Marilyn

Lisa said...

Honor is truly due for the Mother of Others! Thank You for taking the time to give them the spotlight!

While struggling through 13 years of infertility God brought many children into my life to love and point to Him. May our hearts always be open to those who need nurturing!
Blessings - Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh...Thank you...This is too sweet...

Tessa

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

I honor you because your own mom brought you into this world. So I see Mother's day as a tribute to the women everywhere that brought changed lives into this world to make it a much better place, you have certainly done that.

So have a wonderful Mother's day and realize that you are so special to so many through the out pouring of your posts on your blog!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

This is just beautiful Yolanda. You have such a giving heart. I love you friend,

Beth

Leaon Mary said...

Happy Mothers day Yolanda!
I know you have an incredible heart and mother others alot!!!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU SWEET FRIEND!
Holykisses,
L

Edie said...

Oh Yolanda this gave me goosebumps and tears. I'm not an Other Mother as you describe but I can honestly say I fully relate. Just in a different way.

Happy Mother's Day to you dear one. You are a blessing to many.

Love and Hugs!

valerie said...

Thank you, Yolanda!
You are precious and I pray you enjoy Mother's Day too. I echo the other comments. You are always giving of yourself to others.
I'm so glad you are my sister in Christ!
Love,
Valerie

Crown of Beauty said...

Thank you for sharing this. I just came from your 8 things meme post, and loved how you shared your heart. I love Genesis. It's my favorite book. And VBS is memorable to me cause my kids loved them every summer when they were growing up.

Praise God for your mother's heart.
Have a memorable mother's day.

Love
Lidj

Alleluiabelle said...

Yolanda,

What a precious, precious woman YOU are and I shout out joyfully, "Happy Mother's Day" to you as well. You are so kind, loving, giving, compassionate, supportive and so much more here. I can only imagine what you must be like face-to-face. Anyone who comes here is truly blessed when they leave for you are absolutely the best ever.

Thank you for honoring all women and mothers, and I thank Him for who you are in Christ.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Yolanda!
Thinking of you today.
Miriam :)