Attention, all! See the marvels of God! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. "Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything." Psalm 46:8-10 MSG
As I step out of the TRAFFIC of life, I'm able to take a LONG, loving look at MY GOD. He gets my attention and I marvel at His handy work. Did you know that there truly are times that we can settle down from the speed of the world around us and simply bask in the love of God? Are you doing so? Often times we say we will do that when we go on VACATION. Often times VACATION is a rat race, with an itinerary packed full with no time for God. I have learned and I desire to encourage you to perhaps one day a week or better yet a particular time of your day to become still for a few moments basking in God's love.
I would say it has been about two or three years ago that God stripped me of busyness. Commitments and people (relationships that He had not orchestrated). Why? Because He wanted me to BE STILL AND KNOW GOD. I like how the NASB states this same scripture from Psalm 46:10a "Cease striving, and know that I am God." I can know of God, but not know God. I found for myself, that all that striving wore me out and I didn't have the energy to invest in KNOWING HIM.
"I see what you've done. Now see what I've done. I've opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don't have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn't deny me when times were rough. Revelation 3:8 MSG
As I read this scripture I realized that it so much more important for ME to see what God has done. That He has opened a door for me and for you. A DOOR that no one can shut, not even satan. That we are instructed and encouraged to keep His Word and to not deny Him. It is not about me, but it is all about Him. When you and I SLOW DOWN, we can see what He has done.
Father, thank You for getting my attention. Thank You for Your creation and the ability to slow down and enjoy the blessings You have for me. For love that endures with and for my Man, for eyes to see, and a heart that hungers for more of You. Door ways to enter through and walk with You. Lord, You are magnificent. In the Mighty Saving Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
12 comments:
Living here in the DC area, traffic is a great word picture. As commuters we spend hours inching along what would normally take minutes. We do live congested lives - yes, even our vacations are stuffed beyond rest and relaxation. We create our own jams where we inch along in life when we should be moving at God-speed.
I hunger for the quiet moments, the solitude, the stillness. This morning I was reminded that He knows my needs before I speak them. He will provide all that is needed. My worries are often created by my congestion of thoughts, things and tasks. None, or at least the majority, has He placed before me.
Thank you for your words today.
Shalom,
Denise
Great photos - Wow! Loved this post! God has been speaking these same words over me too! I have tried to strip away anything that gets between me and God too - but lately I'm afraid I have let go of my family in the process. I need to find that pure balance again and it's very hard. All I want to do is teach and pray with women - but I have other commitments too. I have not had a real vacation in almost 2 years. But when I do go on vacation - God is there waiting for me! I never leave Him at home! He's the One I desire!
Loved your closing remark:
"In the Mighty Saving Name of Jesus Christ"...
because I am just finishing up the book:
[The Name] by Franklin Graham. It is so eye opening about becoming more aware of sharing THAT NAME!!! JESUS CHRIST!!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]
Hi Yolanda,
Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)
Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?
May the Lord bless you and your family!!
Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org
ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
Yes! I will enter in! This week, my prayer is that I want to se His glory! I want to slow down and just savour His love. I want to walk in sweet followship, talking with Him. Great post!
Blessings - Lis
I love the pictures!! How cool!
The Lord is doing a refining work in my heart right now that is causing me to set priorities and boundaries. Ultimately it will mean that I will have more time for HIM!! Getting to that place, though, will be difficult.
Leah
What great pictures! And Be still and Know God is one of my favorite verses. I don't always do it but am amazed at how He speaks when I do. Have a blessed day!
I loved this post. Firstly, because the verses you quoted from Psalm 46 and revelation 3 are among my favorites. Secondly because I agree with you about the importance of being still before God... letting go of ceaseless striving. I particularly identify with what you said about doors that are open before us. WHen God opens a door, no one can shut it. The reverse is true.
Your picture of you and your husband is so beautiful, so full of peace.
Blessings on your day.
Love the picture of the "door" in the mountain! Beautiful scenery. And a striking couple! Thanks for sharing!
I was blessed by the truth of your message today. I so very often get so busy "doing" the Lord's work that I forget to really sit still and "know that He is God"!
Thanks for the reminder!
Marilyn
Ya'll are too cute!! Love this picture of you and your man!
Yolanda, this is the 3rd or 4th post that I've read today that deals with staying in tune with God--slowing down! Which is so difficult for me to do! Read my post when you get a second! I'm going to read your scriptures in the NIV and NLT as well.Thank you, sweet friend, for this beautiful reminder!
Hugs,
Susan
It's not about me, it's all about him... I've been reminded of that a lot lately!
I'm looking forward to a vacation this year. Hoping God blesses us with one! He is so good.
Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com
Yolanda,
AWESOME.... just awesome.
This post truly got my attention and I know I need to quiet down more than I do. I see Him in so many places, but sometimes I forget to thank Him.
This blog hit home. I have been laying aside striving. "Fret not," is what I keep getting. I like to take parts of every day to think on Him. I agree that vacations are often too full of activities. The Rev3:8 MSG scripture touched my heart, and the stonework arches seem to cool, open and inviting.
Post a Comment