Friday, June 26, 2009

Are you needing a sign?

I accompanied a Girlfriend earlier this week to Washington, DC. We spent two full days in our Nation's Capitol and I for one was ready to head back for rural America. Take me back to the country Girlfriend!!

This was a first for me as I had never been to DC and what I saw was both exciting and sad. My eyes landed on several t-shirts that had the face of our American President with big bold letters reading HOPE. My hope is in Christ alone! We search and search as human beings for answers, for relief and for encouragement. We are continually looking for a sign.



Now, this says it all...Jesus Christ is our greatest HOPE!



The most delightful reassurance that I found was on my flight home yesterday as I read from Ezekiel. Chapter 20:12 NLT "And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I, the LORD, had set them apart to be holy, making them my special people."

You and I as Children of God have this blessing Friends. We have been given a sign that our Covenant God set us apart and that you and I are His special people. I don't know about you, but that just delights my soul. I am special and I have been set apart and my HOPE is found in the Word of God. He asks of my obedience because His laws and commands are meant to give me life, you life and life in Christ equates HOPE.

I pray that we will enjoy our Sabbath rest and that if you were or are in need of a sign from the Lord that you will spend some time with Him today. Girlfriends, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Lovingly as I allow Him to bring me to Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

9 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Oh, chickadee! I am ready for some Sabbath rest! Can't wait!! Getting ready to run over to the church for a Women's conference this weekend. This was a great post! So glad you got back home safely from DC. And...I peeked at your previous post--the flowers are lovely! My Easter lily just opened last week!! Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

Hugs,
Susan

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Well said. I often wonder why people still question where to find hope in this world and search for it in all the wrong places.

So glad you are heading home for some much needed rest in your Higher Ground!

P.S. My comment validation word was sedtions, reminds me of sedations like rest!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jesus that we have so much HOPE because we have You! How
sad it is that so many people are striving every day to find hope, when all they need to do is accept Him as their Lord and Savior. I am praying that they will see the Truth soon and stop wondering around lost. Thank you, Yolanda!

Love you!

Leaon Mary said...

It's amazing to find so many people searching for hope in all the wrong places isn't it?
Jesus is mine alone as well.
Still can't get over the Ezekiel thing. You know that when I get to Ezekiel I'm gonna have questions for ya right? I get stuck asking is this symbolism or to be taken literally on some things.
Have a great weekend Yolanda!
Holykisses,
L

valerie said...

I'm glad you're back to the country.
I agree with you. I love to travel to the big cities, but I'm always ready to get home.

Great post!

Crown of Beauty said...

This is so timely. My devotional reading this morning was about entering into God's rest, and what you wrote comes as another confirmation of what God is saying to me.

And also, HOPE is one of the things that mark my spiritual journey!

My hope is built on nothing less...than Jesus Christ! He is my firm foundation!

What a blessing to hear from you again.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hope comes in all shapes and sizes, sometimes when we least expect it. How thankful I am for a God who laces my day with continual reminders of hope. Now, if I could just get my "vision" in line with his!

peace~elaine

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

HOPE....one of my favorite words and thoughts! Because we have HOPE through Jesus Christ our Lord. Without Him there is NO hope! So sad that so many "hopeful" people actually have "no hope" because they do not want anything to do with Jesus!

Glad you made it safely to DC and back! Good to have you back home in bloggy land! :)

Marilyn

Edie said...

Oh I love this Yolanda! How very sad that so many have put their hope in any man. They will have a rude awakening.

I am so thankful that I place my Hope in Jesus.