FAITH is a … Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him. (Corrie ten Boom)
I came across this acrostic just this morning and thought what a true statement! Believing God is also a fantastic adventure in trusting Him. Words like "believe", "faith", "trust", "rely" and "accept" all touch my heart this morning in the concept of my walk with my Savior. I believe Him, I have faith in Him, I trust Him, I rely upon Him, and I accept Him more than I ever have before.
God encourages us that we only need faith the size of a mustard seed. Matthew 17:20 NIV " He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Girlfriends you know that a mustard seed is mighty small for what comes forth with a little nurturing and watering. A mustard plant grows tall and sturdy from such a tiny little seed. You and I can have huge faith if we will just start small and allow God's word, His actions and HIMSELF to nurture and grow us. He is the Living Water for those of us that have put our trust in Him.
This morning, I want to encourage you with a verse that spoke deeply to me yesterday. If you happen to be in the study of Believing God by Beth Moore, then I am positive I'm not alone in my thoughts this morning. Mark 9:23 NIV "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Oh, look at this scripture out of The Message: Jesus said, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen."
I wonder, what is it that YOU are believing Him for today? Girlfriends, He is huge, and nothing is too large or too small for Him.
Father God, Your word continues to bless and amaze me. Your love for me and for others continues to bless and amaze me. When doubt starts to creep in, Father, I ask that You would help me with my unbelief. Thank You Lord for the miracles You perform every single day. Yesterday, today and tomorrow. I come before You thanking You for the faith You have nurtured in me. Lord, I believe You. I believe Your word. I place my trust and hope in You. And I want to always remember that EVERYTHING is possible for the one who believes. That includes me. I praise You Father! In the ONLY saving Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly as I walk with you to Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
I want God's best and I first and foremost am Believing God for my siblings' salvation. Then I believe a restoration of our relationship will be sweet!
I want to be the woman God created me to be. I want to be a generational change agent for my children to lead them to Him to a relationship with Him that is true and sure. I want to believe in his forgiveness and live as one forgiven. I am believing Him to help me make Him the ONE in my life that comes BEFORE ALL ELSE.
Believing Him for my brother and sister-in-law's salvation, and that He is BIGGER than some stinky mess we've got going on in our lives at the moment!
Hugs Yolanda!
Melinda
I'm believing Him for my brothers'and earth Dad's salvation. I'm believing Him to give me wisdom and boldness when I stand for Him against all evil.
Yolanda, THIS IS AWESOME! I think this should be your weekly meme!
I love you LORD JESUS..... BLESS YOUR HOLY NAME!!!! I believe YOU and will stand for YOU! amen!!
Awesome acrostic, Yo! Believing God is a Fantastic adventure!
Love you, lady!
Yolanda,
God bless you for this post. I love the acronym for Faith! I think I will write that one down in my Bible.
God is amazing and He is just waiting for those to turn to Him, rely on Him to take care of all our needs, according to His will.
What more could anyone ask for?
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
I am believing God that He will continue to grow me into who He wants me to be.
I seem to be in a slump this week! Not sure exactly why but it is affecting me both physically and spiritually. Why is it when our body is weak it affects our faith? Or is it just me???
Love,
Marilyn
I am believing that God will continue to allow me to grow more more like Jesus.
Believing God changed my world when I did it first in 2002!! It is my favorite Beth study. My faith grew exponentially during that study.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Leah
Hi Yolanda! Thanks for stopping by my blog! My man and my son do a ton of bass fishing. They only do it for sport...we don't keep them. Our philosophy is that they are just to beautiful a fish to kill and eat!
I love your blog! Lots of really interesting things to read on here.
What an awesome acrostic! I believe faith is spelled r-i-s-k. I just went on an adventure with a girlfriend this weekend and we kept saying how we felt we were driving off a cliff, confident that He would catch us, yet still a little giddy at the rush we felt waiting. Beautiful words, Yolanda.
God Bless You Yolanda
You are so right -- GOD IS HUGE! I believe Him for everything which I pray for and even that which I don't know to pray for...He is GOD and with Him nothing is impossible.
Glory!!!
Thank you for your encouragement to God's people Yolanda. May the blessings of the Lord and His revelations to your heart increase you and your household always in Jesus Name and unto God's glory.
Bless you~Lisa
Yolanda: I saw God move mountains in our family as we prayed and believed in faith for a child for my son and his wife - as they were told they may never have children. We prayed and cried out to Him and you know about our grandson! He is almost 10 months old now - pure joy!
I am believing Him now for the mission trip in store to South Africa in about 2 months - for all He has in store, to meet our needs as we prepare and for those we will minister to "over there."
Another acrostic for Faith I have heard before is "Forsaking All, I Trust Him."
I love your writing. You are a special siesta friend!
Love, Jan
Yolanda: One more thing! The Believing God study and my blue bracelet were a big part of my faith walk as we waited for Zeke!
It is my all-time favorite study by Beth Moore, next and close to Believing God is "Living Beyond Yourself," the study of the fruit of the Spirit. Then, the study of the Tabernacle, then oh - I don't know - I love them all!
Jan
Isaiah 58:11
Wow, that was so neat!! I love Corrie ten Boom.
This was so encouraging.
Thanks!!!!
Have a blessed weekend♥
I am believing for restoration with a close family member...This was a great post.
I'm believing that He has a purpose for this pain we've been in for almost two years. I believe he will deliver us someday and we will rejoice why we went through it all.
I love the acrostic!
I'm believing Him for several things and I know nothing is too hard for Him!
Yep - it's about FAITH and TRUTH.
Beth Moore asks in that BG study,
"Would you rather hear, 'Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE?' or "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE?'"
EVERYTHING IS... with him/she who BELEIVES!!!
I'm beleiving Him for my brother, [Rick's], salvation.
May God pour His Spirit over you in that study... it's the very one where He got a hold of my heart and turned it completely around!!
Love you, Stephanie
Post a Comment