This is going to be a tad bit of a different post for me, but I simply want to encourage you with my very own God Stops this week and the joys of recognizing God in my life. I pray that perhaps, this will spur you on in your own faith walk with Jesus and have fresh eyes to see Him. So bare with me as I brag on God. In the above picture do you notice that lone white flower this morning as I'm wanting you to notice the rain? Well, that is an Easter Lilly that I had received and planted in the ground to see if it would come back. Sure enough and the last two years it blooms just as summer is rearing its hot head! My Easter lily opened yesterday and summer is officially here tomorrow. Reminds me that Jesus rose from the grave and the tomb is EMPTY, at a time when I need to be reminded. The time is NOW. Thank You Lord.
I'm so thankful also for a tiny piece of cactus we received from an employee when we built our home 15 years ago, today it is HUGE. Last year in the winter we did some major trimming on it and neither one of us had any idea how much water they retain and how heavy those pieces are that needed to go into the dumpster. This is why I would not allow my hubs to completely get rid of it....isn't it just beautiful? Their are all over it, and after the trimming it is still about 5' x 5'. I'll try and take another picture in a few days when the blooms will be all opened up.
These are Jumping Jacks that I found in a tiny nursery out in Colorado a few weeks ago. They are very hard to find in our area, and they have been known to return for a year or two as well. I had been searching for them all spring, and the Lord knew that I had been. God you are so good!
A spot that I think is so beautiful in our flower bed as well. I'm so thankful for the extra time I have to spend nurturing our home and grounds that the Lord has so lovingly blessed us with. He gives and He takes...thank You Father for this provision.
My cucumber plants are full of tiny little cucumbers. Just like God to remind me that I'm to start out small and that if I will allow Him to, He will grow me into something bigger and better.
We have several tiny little frogs hopping all over the place, can you find this little one? He is truly just about the size of my thumb nail. He was quick to take cover and disguise himself. I pray that you and I will not be like him. As Believer's we have the power of Christ on the inside of us and we should stand and be passionate, not in hiding.
I will close this morning sharing a desire of my heart. That you and I would be on the lookout for the foot prints of Christ. Searching and finding Him through out the many moments that God, Himself, places in a 24 hour period. Father, may You recognize our own footstep heading towards You as well.
Father, You are totally rocking my days and my world. I enjoy bragging on You. I enjoy the children that You allow into my days. Sharing my love and the ability to be a friend to them. I love that You bring Your word alive to me. Father, may we come to You for rest and refreshing. Thank You Father. In Your Son's Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
18 comments:
Thank You for this simple post of simple pleasures from God! He's all around us if we just take a moment and look.
Blessings to you dear friend! Enjoy your weekend!
~Lisa
love your post today...
it's what i needed to hear about his providence..in EVERYTHING!
your yard has so many of his wonders
behind your yellow day lillies, do you know what the purple plant is? I have one of those in my yard and don't know what it is...
your little friend is so sweet and i think she will enjoy her visor for a long-time to come
have a wonderful weekend
What a lovely post Yolanda. I enjoyed the flowers and the other pictures you posted, as well as the stories behind them!
Beautiful! Such beauty and pleasure in ALL His creation!
Hugs,
Melinda
Such a beautiful post Yolanda. We
as a people are without excuse. God reveals Himself so much in nature around us that we know He exists even before we hear a word. thank you for sharing.
Blessings
Vickie
FAB--UUU---LOUS pictures and words of wisdom! You did such a great job comparing these beauties in nature to things in our spiritual life! Can't wait to see and read more!
Love ya,
Marilyn
Hi, please visit my June 21 post. I have something for you there.
Dear Yolanda,
I so loved your post. Your pictures are beautiful and you always fill me up here.
If you are accepting of blog awards, I have one waiting for you at my site. Please stop over and pick it up, if you so desire.
Love & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle
Just lovely! I love how you connected your flowers to the Father! Stop and smell His roses!
I had to laugh as I read the beginning of your post. I had just thanked God for being my sprinkler system for my yard this week. In nearly 36 years of living here on my little farm [Sweetbriar] in NJ - the yard has never looked so good! Everything is plush and green and I didn't even use fertilizer!! God has been the gardener and I have not had to water the grass pulling sprinklers nor hoses around the yard this year. I told Got how much I appreciate His watering techniques!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]
Also loved your verse at the botton - that is one of my past LPM memory verses in the KJV.
I loved seeing all your beautiful flowers and plants & really enjoyed the God Stops.
What a great post!
Your little friend is precious.
It's fun having those young ones around, huh?
Talk to you soon my friend.
Love,
Valerie
I think the cactus is beautiful and i love the lizard. They just have so much personality. I have been doing something similar that I call "connection with God." He just breaks through is different ways. It has been very exciting.
Yolanda,
Please stop by my blog today for an extra special surprise just for all your wonderful hardwork. Thanks again for your blessings you give me each time you comment.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Delighted to meet you. Just found you via the award that you won. Congrats, and I'm glad I stopped by to splash around in God's goodness. I'll be following along to get drenched in His love some more.
Dancing in the rain in Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn
PS I love gardening too and all that God teaches me in His garden.
I loved seeing your pictures!! Some great flowers and you took them so good. Hope your week is a good one.
I just love you and your heart for God. =)
Love all these pics. Funny the flowers you call Jumping Jacks, we call Jumping Junipers in our parts.
Speaking of gardens, my mom has one... a decent size one for living in town. It's about four rows: radishs, green beans, tomatoes, brocoli, cabbage, zucchini, cucumbers. It is so cute that her neighbors (older folks) come over to her yard (even when she's not there) just to see it grow. These folks are probably late 60s-70s so I'm guessing with their age, at one time they had their own gardens. So, it's so cute to see them living through my mom's garden. Truly a garden of life, huh?
I've posted if you'd like to come read.
Love,
Paula
Our eldest son attended a VBS at a church we do not attend. The folks there had no idea if we were believers or not. our eldest is entering Kinder in the Fall. He cried toward the end of VBS the last 2 days. I even had to pick him up early the last day because he just wanted to come home. They did not know we were expecting company that he was hoping not to miss. They did not come until VBS was over. But the point is that these people loved my child unconditionally, extended him grace, and had no idea that while he seemed needs at VBS, he would come home and recite all he had learned to us every afternoon. He hid the word of God in his heart daily. God bless VBS workers. They have no idea how much impact they can make on a young person's life.
Post a Comment