Monday, July 27, 2009

What do you and I see?

When I looked at this picture once I removed it off of my camera card, I instantly thought of God's Binoculars. It is just what my mind saw, perhaps you see something totally different. Isn't that the way it is with God's word? He speaks to each of us differently from the very same exact set of scriptures. Often times He speaks to you and I differently from one day to the next as well.
This morning I received this thought in my in-box with no credit attached so therefore I'm assuming the author is unknown: Our goal is to stay within the boundaries of God's plan for us.
  • How do you and I stay within the boundaries that God has for us? By being in His word. If you have spent any time here at Higher Grounds or received them via e-mail, then you already realize how important being in God's word is to me. And how important walking in love is as well. God's Word is how God feeds me, reveals to me His plan, lavishes His love on me, and corrects me.
  • One of the very things that God requires of SOLID true believers is to love as He loves. We have been given that ability the moment we accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He poured His spirit into us and with that pouring came His love. We simply have to tap into it, apply it, choose to love, and see the truth of His word.
  • 1 John 4:7-12 NIV: "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. "
  • "Jesus did not come to make God's love possible, but to make God's love visible." Unknown
  • I'm wondering, IS GOD'S LOVE EVIDENT AND VISIBLE IN ME? As you've spent time in God's word this morning, what is it that you see? What is He asking and showing you? I'm so thankful that when He looks at you and I, He sees the Blood of Jesus Christ. Thank You Father, thank You Jesus, thank You Holy Spirit.
Lovingly as I reach for His Higher Grounds that He has intended for me all along,
Yolanda

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I see a huge pair of eyes. They are comforting. They show me God's presence in nature. He is showing me that He has power and that it is toward us who believe. I love to be in His word. It is forever fresh and new.

Stephanie said...

I too see eyes looking out at the beauty that God created. Our pastor yesterday delivered his message from 1Corinthians 13.His title was Love Does Conquer All

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

I love this picture. I see what you see, binoculars! Though God doesn't need them to see us, it is a nice reminder that He is always there, always seeking, always loving, always watching over us!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

I see it too my friend! I love this post and I just love your new picture! You are so precious and you know what???? I KNOW YOU IN REAL LIFE!!!

(Couldn't resist that!)

Andrea said...

I pray GOD's love is editable and visible in me. I am definitely a work in progress.
Andrea

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

As Andrea said, works in progress! I am certainly one too! The picture is cool, I see glasses or binoculars.

Lovely photo and excellent post.
Love Collette xx

Crown of Beauty said...

When God looks at me He doesn't see me as I or others see myself...He sees me as the finished product that He designed! No wonder He believes in me, is delighted in me.

Yes he sees me as I am but doesn't stop there. He keeps looking at how I will look when He is done re-creating me!

What a wonderful post, and thought provoking picture you posted today, dear Yolanda!

Leah Adams said...

Oh yes, Yolanda, we see Jesus all over you. Isn't God's love amazing? It blows my mind that He would continue to love one like me.

Leah

TRUTH SHARER said...

You KNOW my passion - God's WORD is where the TRUTH is revealed! Where Jesus comes alive from OT to NT! It's where we find LIFE [in Him]!

Loved the photo!

Boundaries always makes me think of the verses from:

Proverbs 23
10 Do not move an ancient boundary stone
or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,

11 for their Defender is strong;
He will take up their case against you.

12 Apply your heart to instruction
and your ears to words of knowledge.

Also a favorite about that is:

Jeremiah 6:16
This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths [with boundaries], ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

God's boundaries don't change. Not when it comes to sin or to His commands. He may expand our territory from time to time - but not UNTIL we've learned to live and walk by faith - in the place He's already given us.

Loved this visual!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I THIRST For]

Laura said...

This is awesome, Yo! God's binoculars...:)

I loved the video on rain you sent also! I showed both of my boys and they were mesmerized.

The Farmer Files said...

Love that you call those God's binoculars. ;)