Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Changing of the seasons

The first day of fall earlier this week brought moisture, cooler temperatures and JOY TO MY HEART here in Southwest Kansas. I am one that truly enjoys the changing of the four seasons. While I do have certain seasons that I enjoy more than others, I still enjoy the changing of any season in the natural realm. Some seasons are down right hard in the spiritual realm, but they are all meant to bring honor and glory to Our Father. I do believe as well that in time, they bring joy to our hearts as well simply because they are meant to draw us closer to our Father. (I say OUR for any that have accepted and believe upon the name of Jesus)

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall but the word of God stands forever.

Father, thank You that Your word has been preserved and is still TRUTH from Genesis 1:1 clear through to Revelation 22:21. It will stand forever and that even though our world will wither and fall we still have the HOPE and PROMISE of eternity with You. Lord, thank You for the changing of seasons and for those that find themselves in the midst of a challenging spiritual season, I ask that You would comfort them and allow them to see Your hand upon and in their lives. That we would ALL draw closer to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all (Rev 22:21). With much love here at Higher Grounds, Yolanda

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Blessings right back to you!

Beth Herring said...

Thankful for His Word and the promises in His Word!

Thankful for my sweet friend Yolanda.

Thena said...

Thankful He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Have a blessed day!!!!!!!

Leaon Mary said...

Thankyou for your beautiful prayer Yolanda. His word IS TRUTH.

Always love my visits to
HIGHER GROUNDS,

holykisses,
Lea

Laura said...

Happy fall, Yo!

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Thank you for capturing these verses to share with all of us. May God continue to shine down upon us always!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Brook said...

May the Lord continue to bless you as well!

LisaShaw said...

Yolanda,

I enjoyed my visit with you today as we think on the changing of the seasons.

Love and blessings.

Edie said...

"That we would ALL draw closer to You." I am praying this with you Yolanda. I am so thankful that His Word is Truth all the time, not just when I feel like it is.

Much love to you!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Beautiful Yolanda! Thank you for sharing those verses!
Love Collette xxxx

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

You are such a refreshing person Yolanda! I know if I need a lift I can come here and read your blog and I will be lifted to "Higher Grounds"! And the reason is because you lift up our Lord and Saviour and in turn your readers are lifted toward Him!

Blessings to you today my friend!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Runner Mom said...

Beautiful!! Amen!
Hugs,
Susan

Leah Adams said...

I, too, love the changing seasons but autumn is my favorite. Changing season in life is not an easy thing to behold sometimes. I'm going through one of those right now. My mom is not the strong vibrant woman she was just a year ago. That is hard to see. The ministry the Lord has entrusted to me is odd...not what I expected. Changing seasons.

I'm so glad the Lord is in control of these changes.

Leah

Paula V said...

I find the closer I get to the turn of a new season, I too look for it in anticipation. There are wonderful things and beautiful aspects to them all though summer and fall would be my favorite. No wait, I love the birth of spring. Wait, there is comfort in being in a warm house while the snow and wind blow. Wait, I bet we are to appreciate them all...thus the reason He created them, huh? :-)

There's a time and a season for everything, that includes the physical.
Love,
Paula

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love fall and welcome its arrival in my heart and life! With fall comes color and the eventual stripping of the trees. I think this is the season that best fits the work of Christ in my heart and life. Color and a stripping down. My heart stands ready...

peace~elaine

Lisa said...

I am so thankful that God has brought a change of season in our family. I am looking forward to new growth and change as He takes out His color palette and paints across the canvas of our lives.
Blessings ~ Lisa