"When Jesus saw him and knew how long he had been ill, he asked him, 'Would you like to get well?'" John 5:6b-7a
And you know what the man said in response to Jesus' question to him? "I can't, sir", oh man here is the One that could truly heal him and his response is I can't. Why? Because he had his eyes on his circumstances instead of The Healer.
Girlfriends and Guy friends there is only one way to be in communion with God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. "Jesus told them, 'This is what God wants you to do: Believe in the one he has sent.'" John 6:29 When we believe and receive Jesus as Lord of our lives, there should be no room for legalism. We are to be filled with God's grace and mercy and point others to The Healer.
So I ask you, Would you like to get well? Then believe that Jesus is the Son of God, sent to earth in human form to die on the cross at Calvary for your sins, my sins and the sins of the world. He died and three days later rose from the grave. He now sits at the right hand of the father, interceding for us. BELIEVE, RECEIVE. HE IS ALIVE!
With much love here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
A quote I came across a few minutes after writing this:
Somebody absorbed the cost of our debt of sin: Jesus.
AMEN!
Whew! I sure needed THIS! Thanks, Yolanda...this is probably my FAVORITE post so far. I get discouraged with my lack of energy and that frustrates me because I have no energy (you can only FAKE energy for SO LONG!) to excercise...I get depressed and the cycle goes on an on. I know that God has a plan for me and I trust Him for it...but sometimes it's hard to see around my desire for more energy. Thanks for this reminder today!
We need to learn to glance at our circumstances and GAZE at our God. He is OVER all of our circumstance! This just makes me want to shout.
Blessings ~ Lisa
This story has always been amazing to me. Why would Jesus have to ask the man if he wanted to get well? B/c the man might not have known himself! We can get so used to living with our insecurities, fears, doubts and other problems that they become our companions and we don't want to part with them. I wonder if that idea was behind Jesus' question. And if he asked that question of us, would our response be any different?
Good post. wb
Dear Yolanda,
YOur blog has been such a source of sweet inspiration to me.
Please go over to my Aug 31 post to receive something to encourage you.
Love
Lidj
Yolanda,
How true this is even today! We have a tendency to look at our issues, problems and failures when if we simply cast our eyes on Him, all of those things fade from our view.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Amen! I too often have my eyes on my circumstances and not on Him.
Hi Yolanda!
That is a very good quote you added. I enjoyed reading this and how true what you have posted.
Love Collette xxx
Amen!!! Believe and receive.
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. My husband and I are working on strengthening our faith in regards to Him as our healer!
Love, Laurie
How guilty I am of having an "I can't" attitude all too often. Beautiful reminder that "He can".
Leah
I think this applies to salvation and so much more. Often we struggle with issues... sin issues, even... and we're sick with it. Yet He gently asks... "Do you want to get well?" He is the Great Physician, the Healer of all our diseases, including iniquity... yet I wonder how often He's pleading, "Do you want to get well?" Until we are truly repentant and desiring to be made well... He won't force us. Yet when we say that simple "yes" -- look out! Get ready for some power! :)
Post a Comment