Saturday, October 31, 2009

Open thy mouth

Seems that God and I have been laying low. Perhaps more me than God as God has been waiting on me. He is good at that, waiting. He knows full well that I am not!

This morning I awoke after only 5 hours of sleep at 4:00 a.m. I thought to myself, if I lay here for 15 minutes and I don't fall back to sleep, then God must want me up. Just so you'll know, God won that little battle. :-)

He has given me a cool drink of refreshing water this morning. Waiting makes life so much richer and fuller. Have you come to realize that as well? Perhaps you are like me and seem to be found wanting, hungering, waiting, or perhaps even seeking more of Jesus. Our ladies CBS is working through Priscilla Shirer's, "ONE in a million" study currently. It's causing me to do some soul searching and confirming to me that He wants a deep relationship with me, not shallow. That I would be ONE in a million. This study begins with the Israelites going out into the wilderness. I feel like I may be on a wilderness travel currently myself. Therefore, I'm praying and asking God, what are You showing me? Am I not getting it? Then this morning I read Psalm 81:10 from a friends heart, and I knew that I knew that was a word for me. At 4:36 a.m., I grabbed my NIV and said, thank You Lord. I am blessed!!

Psalm 81:10 NLT "For it was I, the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things."

Father, thank You for a fresh word. Thank You for being the LORD my God. Thank You for rescuing me from Egypt and the wandering that I found myself participating in. I open my mouth wide this morning Father, knowing YOU will fill it with good things. Father, I pray that if there is one reading my heart today, that they too would be found opening thy mouth. In the precious Son's name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lovingly reaching for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

12 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Don't you just love a FRESH word from the Word!! I cannot wait to do One in a Million. HOping the Lord says 'Yes" soon so our group can do it.

Have a blessed weekend.

Leah

Rachel said...

Yolanda, if you've never heard of Jill Briscoe, you *must* learn more about her.

She has this statement about going to the deep places where nobody goes, waiting on the steps of your soul to wait for Him. oh, she is so good. (and it's not just b/c of her accent. =)

Here's a link to a Free podcast of her's (not the one I described above though.) She and her husband just came to our chruch and I was priviledged to hear them speak. Truly, God spoke through them to me! I hope they bless you!

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Telling_the_Truth/archives.asp?bcd=10/2/2009

Beth Herring said...

I just love it when God wakes us up and then we are obedient!!

I am in Exodus right now myself.

Love you and glad you are back!!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

We've just finished this study at our church and it produced a hunger in me to go deeper with God; to live out the principles of her teaching regarding the wilderness.

May God continue to guide and direct your heart as you work this through to completion. Praying you find his Sabbath rest this weekend.

peace~elaine

LisaShaw said...

Powerful Yolanda! Sweet sister I love your love for the LORD. You're refreshing!

LisaShaw said...

Powerful Yolanda! Sweet sister I love your love for the LORD. You're refreshing!

Edie said...

Hi Yolanda! God just impressed on my heart to come over here today and now I know why. I am traveling in that wilderness now. I was just asking God if I was going to have to go back to where I was before, my Egypt. Then He sent me over here. I just wrote Psalm 81:10 down to remind me. I have also noticed lately that Rescue seems to be the word He is chasing me with lately.

Thanks for listening to His voice my friend. Love you!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

You post today made me stop and think. I wonder how many times I COULD be filled with good things but I'm NOT simply because I don't open my mouth for God to put good things in it! It's right there in His Word! He's ready to fill us up! But He waits for us to open our mouths! Awesome!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Laura said...

Hey, Yo! Don't you just love when the Lord wakes you up to refresh? I'm going to have to check into this study. I've heard Elaine talk about it too and it sound wonderful.

Loved the Wild Things, BTW...but I might need some Prozac after watching! A melancholy movie. Not for the very young.

Crown of Beauty said...

Oh dear Yolanda,
Thank you for quoting that passage from Psalm 81... it was one of the verses that really spoke to my heart when I was a very young Christian. How that passage made me want to really open my mouth, and let God fill it with wondrous things out of His word, my daily bread...

Thanks for sharing from your heart...

Love
Lidj

Lisa said...

Thank You Lord for the freshness of Your Word - EVERY TIME!

Love You dear friend!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so thankful Yolanda that you are obedient to Him and hear Him when He prompts you to get up and feed on His word.

You are a treasured blessing!!!
Holykisses