Monday, November 2, 2009

Awaken me, Lord, awaken me

From my journal this morning as of 11/2/09:

Father, I don't want to be a fake. I also do not want to be the 5 virgins that have no oil, nor the 9 lepers found not giving thanks. Lord, awaken my soul, awaken me Lord.

There are times that I can sit with my journal and my heart pours out, things get written that I had no idea was tucked inside of me. This happened to be one of those mornings. I wanted to see if there was a scripture that had the word awaken in it. I had no idea, and I almost always get blown away when I do this, because God confirms what I sense that He has spoken in my soul.

Psalm 57:7-8 Amplified:

7My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is steadfast and confident! I will sing and make melody.
8Awake, my glory (my inner self); awake, harp and lyre! I will awake right early [I will awaken the dawn]!

Instantly I said, devil out of here, you are the one placing these doubts in my head. I am a child of the King, I am CONFIDENT of this. My heart will remain STEADFAST, I WILL SING AND MAKE MELODY. My heart is fixed ON GOD. Awaken my inner self (soul), O Father, as Only YOU can do, awaken me Lord. In Jesus' beautiful name, Amen.

May our hearts be awakened and found fixed on God as we climb to Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

PS: I realized also after having written this that we sang a song yesterday that I didn't know in our services that had the word, awake in the lyrics. If I find out the name of the song, I'll post it.

16 comments:

Melinda said...

I have been realizing that in my waiting on the Lord, I've become passive...asleep, in a sense. To be "awakened" has been my prayer, as well!

God is good!

Love you,
Melinda

pam said...

I love how all sorts of little things can even awaken our realization to the Truth that is planted in us, by Him. This relationship is a thing of grace and pursuit as we walk it out.

Beth Herring said...

Awesome word, Yolanda. We need to quit letting the devil rock us to sleep and awaken to our precious Lord!

Leaon Mary said...

amen sweet sister!
We are so on the same page!
Holykisses
Lea

Unknown said...

I was just telling that old devil to get out of my mind!! Thanks for a refreshing word, Yolanda!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Paula V said...

I feel like you do when I write, which is mostly just in blogland or prep for blogland. I wonder where this stuff comes. I can read a devotional I wrote a year ago, a month ago, a week ago, and then seriously: did I write that? I don't remember that. It's not all like that as I do remember writing it but sometimes, especially the older one. It's just like it's an out of body experience because my hands are typing but it's His Spirit talking. It is nothing short of an awesome privilege.

Sweet blessings,
Paula

Leah Adams said...

Seems the devil is busy these days trying to get a lot of us to doubt or back off on the vigilance in our relationship with the Lord.

Go away, Satan.

Leah

Laura said...

I love when He speaks this way. Amen, Yo, Amen. Moving to higher grounds. All other ground is sinking sand!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I was intrigued by your post today and looked up some "awake" Scriptures myself. One of them jumped out at me. John 11:11. Jesus' disciples were trying to talk him out of going back to see Lazarus. They reminded Him that the Jews in that city wanted to stone Him. Here is Jesus' answer to them: "These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may AWAKE him out of sleep." Even when we are asleep or sometimes even dead to the things of God, He goes out of His way to come and wake us up doesn't He!
Thanks Yolanda for the good lesson today! ! !

Love ya,
Marilyn...in Mississippi

Nancy said...

You said, "God confirms what I sense He has spoken in mhy soul." I love that line. Don't times like that just blow you away with His love and personal care for you? Thanks for a lovely journal entry.

Runner Mom said...

I too am in need of awakening! Thank you, sweet friend for this post! YOurs always bless me!
Hugs!
Susan

Warren Baldwin said...

I like your devotional emphsis. Really like your pic in the heading too - coffee and Bible study go so well together! I'm drinking a cup right now. Have a great day.

TRUTH SHARER said...

It was the singing part of your message that caught my eye and heart... "I am CONFIDENT of this. My heart will remain STEADFAST, I WILL SING AND MAKE MELODY."

Do you know how much God loves it when we sing TO HIM?

Psalm 40:3 says:

He put a NEW SONG in my heart, a hymn of PRAISE to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

I found myself singing to Him a lot on my trip to MX... even on the last plane treck home - I was in AWE of Him showing me His glory on the plane at sunset with the most beatiful sky I had ever seen in my life - I just started singing to Him.
I sang: I LOVE YOU, LORD
and I did not care who heard me though I was singing softly to Him out loud! I could not hold it back. We sang in the van earlier on our 12 hour ride out of MX too! Several of us would just break out in song to the LORD and then the others would join in. I know God loves it!

Keep singing, sweet friend. Sing to HIM with all your heart!

Leaping for JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Wait For]

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hearts fixed on Him, heading for higher ground. Yes, there is freedom in that for sure.

Great post, Yolanda.

Hugs!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog! Thank you for being an encouragement to others!
Joyfully,
Wylie
www.shoutajoyfulnoise.com

Paula said...

Yes. I've been praying for an awakening, too.