Wednesday, October 7, 2009

They will listen!

This morning I finished reading in Acts and was so encouraged. I've been needing a good dose of encouragement, and perhaps like me, you have as well.

Acts 28:26-31 NIV is where I am coming from with this post. To read it in it's entirety please click here. Where I became encouraged is the fact that I cried out this morning to God asking Him to help me become a woman that is gentle and full of grace. While hearing Paul through the writing of his words I met God. Verse 28 beats deeply with-in me this morning: "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

Lord, I thank You for speaking to each one of us right where we are at. Thank You for Your words and heart penned all those years ago that still breathe life into us. Thank You for encouraging me this morning and that I truly do desire to listen. Father, I go boldly to others because I desire to teach them what I have learned from You. To teach them that I am not bound in chains and my HOPE and FREEDOM are found in You. I pray that we all would have ears to hear and eyes to see. Thank You Lord Jesus. Amen.

Lovingly as I continue seeking Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

11 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Our prayers must be on the same wave length today. I too, was having that same conversation with God to make me a better woman, mom and wife so I can continue to glorify Him.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

LisaShaw said...

In the precious, powerful name of Jesus, Amen and Amen!

Thank you for sharing and may we all listen.

Love ya.

Warren Baldwin said...

I love this passage. This is one that really encourages us to keep studying, lest we become one who thinks we see and hear but really don't. Good encouragement to keep studying and preaching!

I don't know what happened, but on the sites I have been following my picture has been replaced with one of those 'shadow' heads. Do you know what causes this?

wb

Lisa Smith said...

What an encouraging word! Thanks, Yolanda. Praying God continues to bless your day :)

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Yolanda that is so encouraging and exciting! Im so happy you heard from Him this way.
Let me know how the flight went k?
Been thinking of you!!!

Paula V said...

Amen!!!

Runner Mom said...

Gentle and full of grace--me too!! Thank you so much for these words today. You are precious!

Hugs!
Susan

Nancy said...

That is an encouraging scripture from Acts. How I treasure my Bible times when God speaks and I listen. We are indeed blessed.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Gentle and filled with grace. I can't think of a better prayer for anyone who desires to live on "higher grounds".

Be encouraged, sweet one. We're all in this thing together.

peace~elaine

PS: Need my shovel and my swing?

Crown of Beauty said...

What an eye opener this post is to me. I must admit I never saw that line before although this passage is a familiar one to me. Indeed, if God says THEY WILL LISTEN, then it is so.

What a privilege it is for us to be, like Paul, sent to minister to the "Gentiles."

I couldn't agree more with you prayer to be tender hearted, sensitive to His leading. We need these qualities to be able to minister effectively to those we daily come in contact!

Love your heart, Yolanda. Your sensitivity, your love for our Lord.

Love
Lidj

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I love that you want to teach HOPE and FREEDOM through God to others! That is my desire also.

Hope you are feeling better.

Love,
Marilyn...in Mississippi