Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Do you ever have sad moments?

Girlfriends and Guy friends,

This morning I am having a sad moment in the midst of being so thankful and filling up on the JOY OF THE LORD. Do you ever do that as well? If so, would you be willing to share?

As I was reading in Romans chapter 11 with the subtitle being: God's Mercy Is for Everyone, I became sad and prayerful.

In my ponderings I must share that I'm so thankful His mercy is for everyone. I know that is a true statement. God has poured out lavishly upon me with His mercy and I know that the Word of God is true from beginning to end. Chapter 11 vs 25b NLT "Some of the Jews have hard hearts, but this will last only until the complete number of Gentiles comes to Christ."

Father, It saddens me so that my family as gentiles have hard hearts. I so desire that they would know the JOY OF THE LORD and rely upon Him in a very personal way. My desire for them is not RELIGION but truly a RELATIONSHIP. It isn't only about Sunday morning, or when one feels like it. Relationship and truly being a Christian is all about inhaling and exhaling Jesus Christ. I truly believe that Your desire for my family is that they know You as well, Father. I am grateful that my heart was melted and that I reached out for God's Mercy, Your Mercy Father. I ask that my family would be found doing the same. In Christ's precious Name, Amen.

Prayerfully here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

13 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

When I read your question, I had to say I have more sadness than joy these past two years but am trying hard to not let my heart harden--then I would truly be sad. I am learning to find joy in the little things once again--and I love that!

Thena said...

I'm thankful and rejoice in what I have. Sometimes in the still of the night when I begin to pray, I hear Him say just thank me.
But the sad part is that we don't have a promise of tomorrow and knowing that I have family members that still have not accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Paula V said...

Oh honey, more times than not. Sadly I must say that I'm sad more than I'm not. (Funny huh?) Yet, I am able to joke and poke fun. I'm able to keep a happy face (or decently happy face) while dying inside. I don't know if that is right or if is disappoints God. But, it is where I am right now and have been for some time...too long I ashamedly admit.

Oh I just glanced over at Terri's comment and I see she had more sadness than joy and for two years. Okay, so I can admit mine has been 2 1/2 years. I guess we don't feel so shameful when we know others are experiencing it too.

Beth Herring said...

I am so thankful that my sad moments are few and far between, but I just give God the glory for that. He has been so good to me and my family. Too good. I am so blessed.

Still praying for your family, Yolanda. They will be my priority in prayer!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yes, many sad moments when I ponder the "lost" estate of this world and of those whom I love. It's hard to know what to do with it all. Our human nature wants to "fix it all" or bury it with other things. Best to bring it to the Father's heart and let him tend to our pain. He knows what to do.

On another note, thank you for your kind and generous comment on my post today. Truly, it blessed my heart more than you know.

Love you sister.

peace~elaine

Vickie said...

Yolanda, recently at Bible School I took a class on the foundational truths of the Word. A part of it focused on the end times and the awakening to what would happen, not the bad times, tribulation, antichrist etc, but the joyous times we have to look forward to with Jesus, really made my heart sad that we christians don't share more with this lost and dying world.

I am trying with God's help to take my mind of the temporal things and focus on the eternal.

Blessings,
vickie

Runner Mom said...

We all have sad moments--I don't like them anymore than the rest. But it's from those that we grow in our joy. I will be praying for your precious family, sweet friend.

Hugs,
susan

Meli n Pat said...

Oh, Amen. It is such a blessing to have family as the family of Christ. I often take it for granted. I hope you find the joy I found when I discover new hearts are His!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

My parents are not Christians at all and I feel sad often about this. I love them dearly but do worry for them.
Love Collette xxx

cmarie said...

yes and i no longer try to dis-own my sadness or throw it away quickly as if it were a hot potato. i have been made humble but when i am overwhelmed i love to cry out to the One ... who comforts us in all our afflictions so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2Cor:4

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Yolanda, thank you for visiting my blog, which led me to yours. I am praying with you right now for prepared hearts. I love our gracious God's promises to cover 1,000 generations of those who love Him. Our God is able! I LOVE what you said about inhaling, and exhaling Jesus. Blessings to you! Following, and looking forward to visiting with you again soon!
Joyfully,
Wylie

Nancy said...

Yes, in reading the Bible and being thankful for its many mercies, I often see something which saddens me because some of my family as yet don't share the joy of knowing Jesus as their friend, God as their father. They know the details of the story, but they haven't felt the strong pull to have that relationship. And so I pray on and trust in all of
God's goodness and mercy.

LisaShaw said...

Your prayer at the end was so touching.

I appreciate your sharing. Love you.