Saturday, November 7, 2009

Or don't you care?

"Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?" Romans 2:4 NLT from Biblegateway. In the translation I have it reads, "Or don't you care?".

Does this mean nothing to you? Hmmmm.....don't you care?

The Lord really spoke to my heart about this because He has been wonderfully kind, tolerant and patient with me. He isn't asking me about my Brothers and Sisters, He is asking me about MYSELF!

Father, I pray that my life actions and thoughts display that I do care. I pray that what You have done for me and in me does mean something, it means the world to me. You Father mean the world to me. That my heart has been changed and that the change causes me to seek Your praise God, not others. That my eyes will be found on my own actions and not others. Lord, that You would say, Yes, Yolanda does care, I mean something to her. In Christ's name, Amen.

Lovingly as I desire the Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

9 comments:

Edie said...

Oh Amen Yolanda! I echo your prayer here. Much love to you!

Laura said...

It means everything to me,Yo! Very convicting today. May my actions reflect this.

luv to you!

Skoots1moM said...

Amen...the questions remind me of our memory scripture this week in our Disciple III class:
Isaiah 40:21 Haven’t you heard? Don’t you understand? Are you deaf to the words of God—the words he gave before the world began? Are you so ignorant?

Good post

Meli n Pat said...

That was wonderful. It caught my attention and I want to be obvious in my "caring"!
Thank you!

Denise said...

I do care! May my whole being reflect that!

I really tuned in to "He isn't asking me about my brothers and sisters, He is asking about myself!" Wow! Isn't that so true! His Word speaks into our hearts as individuals. We answer alone. We will stand before Him alone.

Shalom,
Denise

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I think it is very clear, Yolanda, that you DO care -- and I don't even know you!

Meli n Pat said...

Hi again! It's a shame you came in '08. I think that has been the worst summer in years! This last summer was the best, so I guess it's even now. I live in Kenai, so a bit far from Juneau. It's a little colder in winter (we get more snow), and warmer in the summer here. What fun similarities! I've always thought November was the best month! Have a good Birthday!

Leaon Mary said...

shewwwwwwwwwwww....
YES AND AMEN!

We actually heard a little about this in church today!!!!!!
It's REEEALLY sinkin in even more now!
Blessings my dear friend!

valerie said...

I echo this prayer for my life as well.
Thanks!