Saturday, November 28, 2009

Outside the camp

I removed this from my blog because I had received correction for what I had written prior to Thanksgiving. It was something that I needed to pray through and seek some guidance. This morning I felt like God said, share, be one of the One in a million.

When I finished reading from Hebrews earlier this week, the wording "outside the camp" just leapt off the page at me. When I think of modern day (our society today) terms for camp, I think of a gathering of people that have done so for enjoyment. Camp perhaps meaning a clique or your buddies, perhaps even family. Today camp doesn't always mean Believer's. With thinking of modern day terms, not BIBLICAL TERMS FOR CAMP, God reminded me that it is good to be "outside of the camp" when it comes to the worlds way of thinking.

Here is the scripture that I had found myself pondering over: Hebrews 13:11-14 NLT; "11 Under the old system, the high priest brought the blood of animals into the Holy Place as a sacrifice for sin, and the bodies of the animals were burned outside the camp. 12 So also Jesus suffered and died outside the city gates to make his people holy by means of his own blood. 13 So let us go out to him, outside the camp, and bear the disgrace he bore. 14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come."

I knew that in the scriptures "camp" meant the 12 tribes of Israel, I just didn't explain that because I was headed a different direction. To be placed outside of the camp in scripture was due to sin, to be un-clean. You can read about this in the Old Testament in the book of Exodus. I'm sorry that I didn't paint a clearer picture and for those that have read this, I pray that you will forgive me. It is never my point to add to God's Holy Word. I was trying to pen my thoughts of what I still feel that God was revealing to my heart, for my walk with Him in today's world. That there are times that He is calling me to remove myself from "camp" due to its unhealthiness, which can cause me to be tainted with sin and uncleanliness.

Father God, Thank You for the TRUTH of Your Word. The power that it provides to encourage us to be like Jesus, going outside the camp and bearing the disgrace by having done so. Because You have called us to be like You, You have called us to follow after You even when that means to move outside of the camp. Obedience is costly and yet blessedly rich. Father, equip us today, tomorrow and for eternity to be strong IN YOU looking forward to the home yet to come. With more love in my heart for You than ever before. Amen.

Written with love here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you. You always touch my heart with your posts.
Andrea

Warren Baldwin said...

I can tell this post was written with courage and conviction. Very well done!

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post...thank you again for sharing. I saw that you were going to Deeper Still next week...YIKES! Next week - I have lots to do! :) I'd love to meet up with you but honestly I have no idea how we could arrange it - I'm going with nearly 100 other ladies! :) Feel free to send me an e-mail to mistybow-k [at] cox [dot] net if you want to arrange something. I would LOVE to give you a big hug! Sending lots of love and praying as always! <3

Beth Herring said...

Love both posts my friend.

You always seek the Lord with your posts and it shows.

Never apologize for writing what He has placed on your heart.

I love you so!!!!!

Terri Tiffany said...

I always appreciate your writings and I know you say what you believe. Thank you!

TRUTH SHARER said...

I love the book of Exodus and there is such rich meat for us to devour there. God has often used [and still uses] that book to teach me things about Himself and His ways. I love the word CAMP from that book. I actually think [if I'm not mistaken - and correct me if I'm wrong] that the word CAMP means: Armies of the Living God [when He refers to the 12 tribes as you mentioned here].

I take your point well about being "outside the camp" of the world - that whole concept of being "IN the world but not OF the world" thing! That's a camp we need to stay out of!

Your love for the Word and the TRUTH of it is precious to us here in blogland. Keep sharing and spilling over what God is teaching. We'll feed off some of your crumbs as you feast on the Word! Beth Moore calls it "Profit Sharing"! It's what we do when our passion for His Word spills over!

Splash on Girlfriend!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

Leaon Mary said...

I am ALWAYS TOTALLY BLESSED by reading your thoughts and the things God's giving Yolanda. ALWAYS-!

And I so understand what you meant about outside the camp. Especially this part: "That there are times that He is calling me to remove myself from "camp" due to its unhealthiness, which can cause me to be tainted with sin and uncleanliness." -- I'm in a place currently in two situations where I've had to remove myself as well.
THANKYOU for sharing this with us Yolanda!
Holykisses my precious friend.
Thankyou for blessing me once again.
Lea

Edie said...

I admire you for writing this Yolanda. It fits so well with my post for today too. We need to come out of the "camp" and live like we are meant to live. Amen my sister!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yolanda, I totally "get" where you're coming from about coming out from the "camp"....with camp being the world. With so much tolerance being preached even in the Christian community it's becoming harder and harder to draw the line between what is right and what it wrong. But if we stay tuned in to the leading of the Holy Spirit, He will direct our paths and lead us in the right way. Even if sometimes others can not understand and don't see the need for us to go in a different direction.

Love you sister!

Marilyn