Monday, December 7, 2009

Heart over flowing with thanksgiving

This past weekend, four of us from my community as well as my church, traveled to Oklahoma City for our very first "Deeper Still" event. Can I just tell you, GO! GO GO GO!






Interesting after my last posting, but simply you won't find any milk at this Women's Conference. Truly the meat of God's word.



This trip was a double blessing for me because back in March when we ordered our tickets and got our motel room, I found out that a Siesta (VALERIE) that I blog with was attending as well. Then just last week on the LPM Blog, I saw a short message from another lady (Misty) that I've met through the blog world was attending too! I also met Valerie's daughter, Kristen that she often shares with us in the blog world. Golly, can it get any better than that???

I so praise God for the friendships that I have made through the LPM Blog. Women that are real, that love Jesus and that are willing to take a few moments or even hours of driving to meet one another. A very incredible blessing to me as my passion is women's ministry and I love hearing the hearts of women.
**Misty, Yolanda, Valerie**


I would like to challenge you, as I was challenged as well, that He can and does answer our prayers.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to go to a Deeper Still Conference!!!! They just never seem to get close to me--one day, though. One day!

Glad you had a good time and that God blessed your trip!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

Leah Adams said...

Deeper STill was in Atlanta a couple of years ago and I DID NOT GO. I could just kick myself now because I should have gone. I'm going to try to go to the Birmingham event next year.

so glad you had a good time and glad you got to meet some siestas.

Leah

Andrea said...

WOW...Awesome!
Blessings, andrea

PS: You have an award on arise 2 write. It is the second post down.

cmarie said...

It sounds like a wonderful time filled with blessings. How fun to meet up with blogfriends at a Jesus conference!

LisaShaw said...

So awesome dear sister. Obviously the LORD met all of you there.

Beautiful!

Beth Herring said...

I am so glad that you had such a fabulous time. Wish I had been there with you, but am so looking forward to Houston!

Love you like crazy my friend.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

So happy for you that you had a wonderful spirit filled time last weekend! Would love to hear more about it! Great that you were able to meet other bloggers that you had been corresponding with! I hope to also meet you someday!

God bless!

Marilyn

valerie said...

It was great to meet you too!
I'm so thankful for texting. :)
I can't believe we got to sit right next to each other on Day 2.
It was amazing and I'll go every chance I get.
Just think....we'll get to see each other again next month in Houston!
Love ya,
Valerie

Leaon Mary said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time Yolanda!! It sounded incredible!!!

Vickie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Yolanda. It's always great to be in the presence of God's people.

Blessings,
Vickie