"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12 NIV
This just happens to be one of my scriptures that I have memorized in 2010. Why? Because I desire joy, I desire patience and I desire faithfulness. I have hope, I honestly do have some affliction and to communicate with God I must pray.
When I looked up "hospitality" in the NIV, Romans 12:12-13 is what came up. HOW COOL IS THAT???
Just a few weeks ago there were 8 of us that were encouraged to begin or keep on showing and giving hospitality. It was a great challenge to my heart because I often have good intentions, but good isn't good enough. I have to put that to action, not just a thought. So I've returned from the conference and have begun walking that out.
Here is Romans 12:12-13 from The Message:
Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
Father, Thank You for continuing to show me creative and inventive ways to walk out "hospitality" in my journey of faith here on earth. Lord, I don't want to quit in the hard times, and I also love how You show Yourself so strong and mighty when we are cheerfully expecting. Father, I wait in expectation. You, Lord Jesus are so amazing. Amen.
With love at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
AMEN! A beautifully encouraging post! Thank you for your faithfulness to stir our hearts with GODS word.
Hugs,
andrea
Wow--wouldn't it be wonderful so many more felt and acted this way. You have a great heart and you are already giving through your blog ministry.
Hi sweet Yolanda! I've not posted in ages, but I promise I've kept up! ;)
This is a wonderful post. It reminds me to continue what I'm doing when it seems so much easier to just let things taper off and not have to do "it" - whatever "it" is. Some people in my life just need encouragement and I know that it sounds so awful, but I'm exhausted and feel like I have so little to give. I know, though, that if I ask God to use me - and fill my mouth (or fingertips as the case may be :) with His words - that it doesn't even have to drain me at all. In fact, it encourages ME! Oh He is so good! I'm hopeful that I am bringing glory to God. You and your sweet words are such a blessing to me - I pray that I can do the same for someone else.
Yolanda,
What a great post and a call to action for all of us.
Love and Hugs ~~ Kat
I still have a two-page article from the July, 2008, issue of Focus on the Family magazine pinned on the wall in here in the 'computer room' that is titled "Reviving Hospitality". It talks about hospitality being almost a lost art. I do so want to be more hospitable and hope that I can be once we get the house fixed up some.
I know you are a lovely hostess Yoland!
God bless!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
beautiful post. I agree with Terri...you do have a great heart.
Yolanda, God bess your heart. This post is so timely for me. The last week or so my prayer constantly has been, 'Lord help me to be a doer of your word and not a hearer only.'
I've been purposing in the midst of really big needs that I will walk out God's word.
thank you for your encouragement.
blessings
vickie
several more urgent prayer requests at arise 2 write.
andrea
Dear Yolanda,
Your love for God's word is such a refreshing and encouraging thing for me.
And you writing the very verse as the opener of your post this is the very verse that God has been speaking to me these past weeks!
I do love that you wrote about hospitality. It is one gift that I love to practice... and often so neglected.
Thank you for this post!
Love
Lidj
Good intentions...that just hit me...thank you...
You have a great heart and you are already giving through your blog ministry.
Adsense Alternative
Post a Comment