This morning, I can't wait to get outside and take a jaunt up the ladder once again to peek in at the new family that is growing and maturing in my very own yard. Mr. and Mrs. Robin are parents to three young 'uns and they are taking mighty fine care of their young brood. Mrs. Robin hangs close chattering at me while I'm at a safe distance of about 6' looking upon the goodness of God and His creation. All the while Mr. Robin is out gathering food for his children. I'm telling you, for me, it takes discipline to not get any closer and to gaze upon their sweet little faces and into their little eyes.
I wonder, what kind of disciplines do you and I hold to in our journey with our Lord and Savior?
Do we truly take a peek into His word to grow and mature us? Do we listen to the "chatter" that the Holy Spirit speaks to us when we may be getting ourselves into some danger? Are we gathering food (the Word of God) to nibble and feast upon? Do we get closer and closer to God or are we staying at a safe distance?
Discipline from Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary that applies to my heart this morning:
4 : training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character
If you've spent any time near me in the physical sense, or even here at Higher Grounds you know how important it is to me to be hiding God's word upon our hearts and our minds. It truly takes discipline to do so and the rewards are amazing!
Psalm 119:11 NIV: I have hidden our word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Father, thank You for the sweetness and vitality that comes from Your word. That hiding Your word with-in me causes me to think about my words and actions and through the leading of the Holy Spirit that I would not sin against You. Thank You for the visual of Mr. and Mrs. Robin and their three sweet young 'uns. Father, I hunger for You. In the saving Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Lots of love as we walk in discipline to Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
14 comments:
Just lovely Yolanda! Both the pictures and the prose! Thanks for sharing your insight with me today!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Oh these little things are just precious. I LOVE how the Lord has given you such a tangible way of speaking straight to your sweet heart! He is loving you knowing how this family will bring you so much joy and yet teach you at the same time!! Oh the goodness of our FATHER!!!
bless you my friend
What a beautiful analogy. I pray daily that GOD will hide HIS word in my heart and pour it out to me and through me.
I am wanting to peek into the robin's nest, too.
Hugs, love, and prayers,
andrea
PS: I just love it, here...I am always refreshed when I visit..thank you!
Your post always speaks to my heart and makes me stop and think about my own choices with God and actions. However did you get such a picture???
Yolanda,
What a blessing it is to come across this post this morning and have it completely brighten and inspire me day. Thank you!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
In KNEW IT! I knew when I saw that title that it would be about baby birds. I hear my sparrow babies right now as I type this. This was such a great post about peeking in - and about the Holy Spirit!
Great visuals my friend!
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
I love the Psalm you shared and what a wonderful gift the Lord gave you with those little babies. :)
Thank you for sharing your heart with us Yolanda..... !
oh, aren't they just the most precious little things! So glad that God spoke to you in those little birds.
I love God's Word, but I'm not always consistent in memorizing it. But, I am resolving to learn, learn, learn this year!
Enjoy the baby birds!
Cindy
In the book, I've written a reflection entitled "posturing our hearts for a Sabbath's pause" based on a nest of young robins that were perched in a wreath on my neighbor's front door. I, too, drew the analogy about us hungering, waiting, for God's Word in great anticipation. Reading your heart here reminded me of that.
Have a blessed weekend, and thanks for the prompt.
peace~elaine
This bessed me! Have a wonderful weekend
Wylie
Beautiful, powerful sharing dear sister. Love you!
Yolanda,
Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.
http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
What a beautiful analogy. I pray daily that GOD will hide HIS word in my heart and pour it out to me and through me
Adsense Alternative
Post a Comment