Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting prepared

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Where did that come from? If I had only been prepared!"

That is what I am doing, girlfriends and guy-friends. PREPARING. You see, there is a battle, and it rages, some days we see it coming and other times we do not. BUT IT IS STILL THERE!

Monday I began talking to God about a battle that I see in my near future, Tuesday I began compiling scriptures onto index cards that are in a spiral. I also asked two close friends that are mature in their faith to please be in prayer WITH me over this situation. These friends are far removed from the situation. Today, I came before God, to repent of some things that I needed to be repentative of.

Want to know something cool? After I wrote my heart out in my journal and gave some stuff to God, then I went to His word, and my Promise Calendar was James 4:10 ESV.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

I'm not sure where you are, but I know that I can go to God and tell him how big my storm is, but more importantly I can rest in the fact that MY GOD IS BIGGER THAN MY STORM. HALLELUJAH! So I'm getting prepared....by seeking God.

Father, Thank You for hearing me and knowing me. For being in the recycling business, and creating me into something far better than I could ever hope for or imagine. That in due time, You will vindicate, and that will be a sweet moment. But I am not seeking the vindication, I am seeking the VINDICATOR. Lord, You amaze me! In Your Son's precious name, JESUS CHRIST. Amen.

With love at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

16 comments:

Laura said...

Amen, sweet sister! I'm dancing all the way through the storm with Him as my partner. I love the way you prepare for a battle.

Molly said...

Beautifully written! I am so glad for you. I love how you wrote "I am seeking the vindicator!" Always the LORD.

Blessings in HIM <><

Siesta OC

Lisa said...

I love how God is preparing you, calling you deeper, making you more like Him. I can't wait to see how God is glorified through this battle that has already been won.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yolanda, praying His strength for you. God is in the remolding, renewing, restoring and always in the redeeming. He is the loving Potter and He holds us in His comforting hands.
Love & hugs,
Miriam

Leaon Mary said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! that was quite a word you got Yolanda!!!!

Thinking of you and lifting you up this moment. You are such an encourager Yolanda. Thank you for always being transparent and allowing God to use you no matter what your circumstances are.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Miss Janet said...

Wow! That was a timely post!! Our family (mother, brother, sil, cousins) are in the middle of a HUGE mess. I and a few others see it with Spiritual eyes and for what it is. A B A T T L E.

God is the vindicator! Praising Him in advance for what He is going to do.

Janet

sister sheri said...

Thank you for these encouraging words!

Holly said...

Praying for you in your storm, sister. Again, I am sorry. I honestly was not even thinking about you...just had other thoughts I was releasing to the Lord. Wish we could have had dinner and talked some. Even so, I love you. You know that right?

Runner Mom said...

Your example of preparing for Spiritual warfare is amazing! Thank you for sharing this part of your deep faith,sweet friend!

Love you!
Susan

Beth Herring said...

yes! prepared indeed - and i am going to 'borrow' those scriptures you emailed me for my own... is that OK?

I am glad that our God is BIGGER than anything that can come against us.

love you.... TTSANB

Beth

Leah Adams said...

Beautiful to see what God is doing in and through you, Yolanda. Days of preparations are never wasted days. Press on!

Leah

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

and sometimes you don't realize how we have already prepared until that storm hits. Praying for you in this event. God will prevail and you will grow from it.

You are so spiritually beautiful my friend!!

Believing Him~Pamela

TRUTH SHARER said...

I loved this line you wrote to God most of all:

"Father, Thank You for hearing me and knowing me. For being in the recycling business, and creating me into something far better than I could ever hope for or imagine."

His is a God who anoints, transforms and redeems - not just at salvation - but our whole entire LIVES!!!

Seeking in the JOY of Him,
Stephanie

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Oh, how I hate battles! But if you know they are coming, preparation is ESSENTIAL. Sounds like God is really preparing your heart and putting the armor on you!

I just love what a good example you are for us!

God bless you my GOOD Friend!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Lora said...

Mmm, mmm, mm...this speaks to my heart Yolanda as just today the LORD seemed to be speaking to my heart to "have my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace." I want to know fully what He means. I want to be prepared.

As I continue to converse with the LORD more about what this means, I'm going to follow your lead and compile Scriptures and ask for some prayer coverage too.

And humility...were you at my worship service today? This post is like a 1,2 for reiterating what the LORD spoke to me today. And I just looked down at the bright red word verification and it says "destin"...

Love you sweet one. Love the Spirit within you that encourages me.

Denise J. Hughes said...

This is an encouraging word. I definitely need to spend more time being intentional about spiritually preparing for the unseen battles that lie ahead. And it always starts with my own repentance. Thank you for these truthful words today.