Monday, June 7, 2010

Desiring to be a brick layer

Last week God began showing me once again, how much our words, actions and attitudes affect one another. We truly can be a bulldozer going in and dozing down one another, or we can be a brick layer building one another up. Our words, actions and attitudes truly do have power!!! If you and I are not relying upon the Holy Spirits power that is residing with-in us, and allowing ourselves to be ruled by God and His Word, we will inflict hurt upon others.

I've begun collecting a few scriptures to remind myself to use wisdom with my mouth and the pen of my heart.

Psalm 17:3b:

I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.

Proverbs 4:23

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Psalm 141:3

Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Do you have a collection of scriptures that you turn to when you know that your words, actions and attitudes are not reflecting the Glory of God? If so, care to share them with us?

Father, Thank You for reminding us that we truly do need to rely upon the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us. That is where our POWER comes from and that it resides with-in us as Believer's in Jesus Christ. That going our own way will not bring You glory and honor, instead it not only hurts those that we've lashed out at or ignored, as well as Your heart. Father, we hunger to use wisdom with our words, may it be so. Amen.

With much love and affection here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

**All scripture is NIV**

10 comments:

Ginger said...

How about Psalm 34:13-14? "Whoever of you loves live and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." Sometimes it's that last part that really stands out; I have to ask myself,"Am I pursuing peace here?" when a situation gets tense.

Melanie said...

Wow. I needed this reminder today. I have felt very convicted in this area and would appreciate your prayers. I love your list and I'm going to print it off to remind myself... Thank you!
Melanie

Heart2Heart said...

I think God would rather use our big mouths to spread the gospel instead of tearing up the kingdom with harsh words spoken too quickly.

This may just be my life long lesson. I need to be a whole lot slower to anger these days but I am improving. I am trying to do more building less tearing down.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Leah Adams said...

Yolanda,

Mine is Romans 12: 1-2. When I think about offering myself as a LIVING sacrifice, I am reminded of how far I have to go to be holy before Him...especially in the area of my mouth.

Great post.

Beth Herring said...

such a great message here Yolanda. i needed this today.

love you so

Cindy said...

Psalm 141:3 is on index cards all over my house! Words are like weapons if we wield them the wrong way.

TRUTH SHARER said...

I needed this message too - it's one we often desire to brush over. Seeking PEACE with you dear one!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

Andrea said...

Thank you so very much for your continued prayers, encouragement, and support.
Blessings,
andrea

Gran Jan said...

Oh I love this...a brick layer! You're the best.

sanjeet said...

This may just be my life long lesson. I need to be a whole lot slower to anger these days but I am improving. I am trying to do more building less tearing down.
Adsense Alternative