The past couple of days God's really been working with-in my heart. If I'm tired of seeing how people are treated, isn't God tired of it also? So I'm allowing God to do something about that with-in me!
He's giving me a good scrubbing and a washing deep down inside. And you know what? I want Him to!
My desire is for Him to remove all the hatred that resides and fill that spot with LOVE! To remove all bitterness and fill that spot with forgiveness! To remove all depression and fill it with joy! To remove all doubt and fill it with BELIEF! To remove all hardness and fill me with gentleness! To remove the ways of the world and fill that spot with the ways of God's Word!
I wrote a hard statement on my FB account a few days ago, and it continues to hang with me. That I wish to see "favoritism" to be removed from inside and outside of our church walls and that people be treated with love. That those of us in leadership and ministry need to not throw love around here and there with e-mails, text messages, FB and blogs if we aren't wiling to love everywhere. Why? Because undoubtedly, someone will get hurt and that is the last thing we want to happen. I must be very honest with you, it has to start with me. I'm not pointing fingers but it is something that I am seeing up close and personal around me and it saddens me greatly.
Father God, create in me a clean and pure heart. To not point fingers Father, but to be gracious and loving towards all others. I can't do that on my own, I can only do that through You. Father, come and take a hold of my heart and do not leave anything that You have removed, emptied, fill it with the things of You. I love You so and I desire to love Your people. Amen.
**Psalm 51:10**
Filling with the things of God at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Favoritism is a problem within churches sometimes and it is hurtful. God doesn't play favorites and we shouldn't either. Thanks for the timely reminder.
Check it out....
Proverbs 24:23
1 Timothy 5: 21
James 2: 1, 9
Jude 1:16
Leah
Wow! I promise I've been having so many of these same thought! Wanted to get rid of the bad things in my life and replace them with God things. And also the favoritism thing....I think it must go on everywhere! Something of that nature happened just this past weekend. Not to me but to some others. It made me mad! Hopping mad! But then I remembered that God loves these "less fortunate" ones even more than I do and that He can stand up for them far better than me!
So....let's pray for each other. I do so much want to be a better person!!
Love you sister!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Can I just say "amen?" Great post my friend! Something we need to pray about---often!
Hugs!
Susan
Amen to your prayer. May God give you his heart for his church.
http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com
amen!
Needs to start here too my friend.
Thankyou for the reminder.
I love ya!
;)
Hey Yolanda!
Wanted to stop by this morning for a visit and see what's going on in your bloggy corner of the world.
I've been MIA alot (surgery and my mom's health needs) but trying to get back in the bloggy groove!!
I say a hearty AMEN to your thoughts here!! Favoritism is a problem in every church to some degree and can wound many....so sad. I know this hurts the heart of the Father!
Joining you in praying about this, Yolanda!
Blessings!
Jackie
Amen to your prayer dear sister. Amen.
What a beautiful and powerful message dear sister.
I love this: "He's giving me a good scrubbing and a washing deep down inside. And you know what? I want Him to!"
I love your heart. You are on fire for JESUS and it always shows!!!
Making this my prayer too...
"My desire is for Him to remove all the hatred that resides and fill that spot with LOVE! To remove all bitterness and fill that spot with forgiveness! To remove all depression and fill it with joy! To remove all doubt and fill it with BELIEF! To remove all hardness and fill me with gentleness! To remove the ways of the world and fill that spot with the ways of God's Word!"
Love it!! On a same journey with you here in this matter!!
Believing Him~Pamela
Post a Comment