Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What are your plans for today?

I awoke with my heart yearning for more of God and I thought how awesome it is that all you and I have to do when this happens is simply....speak. And then to listen as He speaks back and He will, because He is faithful.

So today, my plans are to PRAISE THE LORD.

Psalm 107:1 "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Psalm 108:1 "My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul."

Psalm 109:1 "O God, whom I praise...."

Psalm 111, 112, and 113 verse 1 ALL are: "Praise the LORD."

My reading this morning included the fullness of each of these Psalms and I thought how like God, that I would awake with Him on my heart and He would provide the answer so quickly because I am listening and in tune to His heart. I am going to be totally honest with you, it is so much easier for me first thing in the morning, and harder for me as the day goes on. So today, my plans are to give thanks, remain steadfast, to sing & make music with all my soul, and to praise the Lord through out the day. Not only today, but every day.

Father God, You are so worthy, You alone are my God. May praise and thanksgiving flow from my heart for eternity. That my words and thoughts would please You and that I would see others as You see them. That my soul would be found singing and praising, oh what joy. Lord, thank You for being the lover of my soul. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Praising at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

7 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you for your sweet comment this morning. You made me smile! I am in Psalms now too and how they lift my spirits!

Runner Mom said...

Love these Psalms. I am like you in that I need my "Jesus" time first thing in the morning! It just makes my day go smoother!

Love you!
Susan

Vickie said...

Lovely Yolanda!! Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name.

love always
Vickie

fuzzytop said...

I was driving in to work this morning and A God-thought just popped into my head. One word. Trust.

So today I plan to look up and write down some verses to memorize that speak of trust. One that comes to mind immediately is Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Have a blessed day!

Love and hugs,
Adrienne

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Amen! He alone IS worthy of our praise!!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Kathleen said...

My days unfold a whole lot better when I begin them with Him, and in His word. It is then that the scriptures come most alive, and me with them.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Tulabell said...

Thank you so much for this post. I wake with God on my heart and too struggle throughout the day to keep Him first and foremost in my thoughts. Especially these past few months,in case you haven't noticed that I am struggling in my walk and so when I come here it uplifts my spirit and encourages me.

Thanks again.