I've found myself two days in a row reading from Psalm 138. Yesterday, just because and today I am reading from Psalm 138 in my devotional reading. Love how God does this as I am learning to sit up and take notice when this happens.
"Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar." Verse 6.
What hit me about verse 6 so hard this morning is that He doesn't draw near to the proud, He knows them from afar, meaning a distance. Don't you and I do this to others when we see pride in their lives, that we begin to put a distance between us and them? What got me to thinking is 1. I don't want pride in my life to cause God to know me from afar and 2. I don't want pride in my life to cause others to know me from afar either.
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me." Verse 7.
God is in the business of preserving my life, His hand comes against my enemies and with His strong right hand He saves me, meaning, He has got my back!! And He has yours!! Doesn't that make your lips being to curve upward? Sure does mine!! Also takes a lot of pressure off of me to perform when it concerns my enemies. I simply stay humble/lowly, trust God and KNOW that He sees all and knows all. He will vindicate, Girlfriends and guy friends, in His own time. Wait!
"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands." Verse 8.
The LORD, might fulfill his purpose, the LORD might love me, and the LORD's love maybe endures forever? No, not at all! God's word is absolute truth and it says that He will fulfill his purpose for me, the LORD does love me, and that His love endures forever. This is true of you as well, at the moment of your salvation. Do you have a personal relationship with God? If not, please open your heart to Him today, He is standing at the door of your heart ready to enter in. Will you ask Him, today? He welcomes you, just as He did me, warts and all!!
Father, thank You that You continue to press in and get my attention. Thank You for speaking to me, Your Daughter, Your servant, Your child. Father continue to remind me that You and You alone are trustworthy and that I can take Your word to the spiritual bank. That Your love endures forever and that it is not conditional means much to me and my heart in this season I am walking out. Father, do not abandon the works of your hands. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Lovingly at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'll tell you, Yolanda, since I did Breaking Free many years ago, I have daily prayed for God to reveal and abolish any pride in my heart. Whatever it takes.....get rid of it. He hates it so and I don't want Him to have to stand far from me because of it.
This prayer is one of my most consistent prayers because I so consistently find pride in my heart. Yuck!
Bless you and Happy Thanksgiving.
Leah
Amen to your prayer! He alone is worthy!
I am back in the Psalms again daily! Love them!
Blessings for your T-day!
Stephanie
Bless your heart Yolanda. God alone is worthy to be praised.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Blessings
Vickie
Great thoughts Yolanda! I'm so glad our God is forever enduring...not here today-gone tomorrow! He is so good !
Marilyn
Post a Comment