It has been quite awhile since I’ve contemplated sharing
with you what God is doing in my life and my heart because to be quite honest,
being vulnerable is costly. It puts a
big mark on my back as if I needed any help in that department! But I also
wanted to share that being vulnerable can also be immensely rewarding.
Due to a series of events I had pulled away from most
things that would cause the hurt to deepen and widen. I knew that if I stayed the course I had
found myself in, that I would become bitter and end up hurting the heart of God.
Then when I thought things couldn’t get much worse, I found myself spiraling
even farther because of circumstances with a passion that I thoroughly
enjoy.
I found myself beginning to hunger and desire God’s Word
like I hadn’t for a long time. Not that
I had ever stopped, but this desire was like craving a Big Mac while dining on a
hamburger from the Dollar Menu. I picked
up a bible study that I had started but not finished and I began praying and
asking God to bring along side me another woman that was hungry for more.
Father God, thank You for hearing my heart and providing
me in this season of life a wonderful woman that yearns for the deeper things of
You. May we cause Your heart to be glad
and thankful for this partnership that we believe You created. Father, we desire to be(come) women of integrity, esteeming our mates, providing a
home that is filled with Jesus. May we
hold in confidence the things that we share, that we continue to invest in one
another, that we would apply Your Word to our circumstances and live in
victory. That this friendship be ever
lasting and grateful as you grow us into the women You created us to be! In Christ’s Name,
Amen!
Until next time, may we be found moving to Higher Ground,
Yolanda
1 comment:
Very encouraging post Yolanda! So glad you wrote it! God bless you!
Post a Comment