Monday, August 4, 2014

We were made to THRIVE

WE WERE MADE TO THRIVE




 I’m not sure what the 21 students and the other 5 sponsors are feeling this morning but I awoke thinking, wow, this time a week ago we were gearing up for Supper Summer 2014.  I left home so pumped and ready to face the week as I had never been to church camp, ever in my entire 48 years of life.  When I was in high school I did go on a mission trip with my youth group, and I’ve attended VBS as a child as well as a worker but never church camp.  As soon as I committed to going to Super Summer that excitement never left me, not one single time!  God was so faithful for those 5 days last week with what He had ordained in each one of our lives and hearts.  He was so faithful with giving me unrelenting energy on very little sleep, a heart filling with love for the 26 attending (excluding myself) and to speak to my heart with the teaching from our Camp Pastor. 
Our theme all week came from the lyrics of the current Casting Crowns song, “Thrive”.  I’ve included the lyrics because they are so powerful!  


Here in this worn and weary land
Where many a dream has died

Like a tree planted by the water
We never will run dry

So living water flowing through
God we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls
With one desire

Just to know You and yo make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun made darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

Woah
Woah

Into Your word we're digging deep
To know our Father's heart

Into the world we're reaching out
To show them who You are

So living water flowing through
God we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls
With one desire

Just to know You and to make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun made darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable,
Love unstoppable, anything is possible
Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable,
Love unstoppable, anything is possible
Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable,
Love unstoppable, anything is possible
Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable,
Love unstoppable, anything is possible

Just to know You and to make You known
We lift Your name on High
Shine like the sun made darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more
Than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
Hey!

Woah
Woah

Woah
Woah

We were made to thrive

Father God, I really don’t won’t to loose or forget any what You did within our group.  Prompt me Father to share a little bit each day until I feel as if I’ve been poured out and empty of what You deisre to share.  May the 27 of us be found today digging into Your Word, praying for the needs all around us, depending on You.  Thriving in the name of Jesus.  
 
And so I close challenging each of us to…..THRIVE!
 


Yolanda at Higher Grounds

No comments: