Good afternoon to each one of you as it is bitterly cold here in Ulysses. Grab that fresh warm cup of coffee, your Bible, and let's gather together, JESUS WE NEED YOU SO!
I'm not sure how many of you have seen the email that is floating around right now entitled, "THE GAME IS ON". But the jest of it is to receive only ONE word that describes who or what you are to that person. It was an eye opener for me, and one that causes me to get on me knees and thank GOD for what He has done and continues to do in my life.
The reason why I share that is because it is has caused me to reflect on those ONE word descriptions that I have for others, and they truly are what I see/hear coming from them. Something to ponder, is that person drawing me to God? Perhaps drawing me closer to my family of Christ? Or do their actions cause me to run from them? In turn, are my words and actions drawing others or causing them to run?
Sunday, our Pastor had a scripture that he used briefly in his sermon that has really stuck with me now for several days. John 12:11, and I will make RED what really hit me. "for on account of him many of the Jews were going over to Jesus and putting their faith in him."
Can others say that about us? Because of June, because of Sally, because of ____________, many of the unbelievers are going over to Jesus and putting their faith in HIM. Making Christ their Lord and Savior, surrendering, repenting, drawing closer, etc, etc. etc. Or perhaps even letting go of their carnal nature and putting on the NATURE OF JESUS CHRIST.
In other words, is your life and/or is MY LIFE pointing others to Christ? NOT MY WORDS, but perhaps words with action; ie: My walk, my life, my do and not my who?
Isn't Psalm 111 the very reason why we as Followers of Jesus Christ, can get excited? Check it out, remember, you have your bible and that warm cup of coffee. :0)
Father, may we be like Lazarus, like Paul, like Peter, like Mary Magdalene, like David,.....like so many before us and so many after us.....may we be a man/woman after YOUR OWN HEART. May we cause others to truly cross over from death to life by choosing to put THEIR faith IN YOU! Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Yolanda!
I didn't get up in time to have my devotions. :( I read the devotional in My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, but there's nothing like Jesus & the Beloved Disciple in the morning. ;)
BUT after coming here, I feel like I had a little devotional. Thank you!
Okay, have a great day. I'm off to read Psalm 111.
Thanks for the encouragement & my son had an awesome time. I'll post on it soon.
Love ya,
Lelia
PS. I'm reading Lysa TerKeurst's book "What Happens when Women Say Yes to God" & cannot put it down!!! Did you order it yet?
Post a Comment