Friday, April 4, 2008

Strange post for me.....but asking for your help




Both my husband and I enjoy reading. There is always a book on both of our night stands...and I'm seeking your help in what you enjoy reading.

Can you help us, with something that you have read lately that simply, touched your heart?

As you would know from reading some of my past postings, we just spent a couple of weeks on Maui. Something that we both enjoy, and when we go, literally we have a small suitcase with nothing but our books.

This is what we enjoyed (myself listed first, then together, and my husband):

yada yada prayer group (there are 6 in this series)
Someday by Karen Kingsbury

3:16 Max Lucado
same kind of different as me Ron Hall & Denver Moore
Prisoner in the Third Cell Gene Edwards


Ted Dekker The Lost Book Series
And his book, Adam

To see others, go to this blog site: http://callapidderdays.blogspot.com/2008/03/spring-reading-thing-2008-ready-set-go.html

2 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am starting a Bible study at church from "Having a Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver-it deals with the concept of "flesh women"-you gotta read it!! I also highly recommend "Your Scars are Beautiful to God" by Sharon Jaynes and you already know about "What Happens when Women Say YES to God" by Lysa TerKuerst-transforming!!

My husband is reading "The Man God Uses" by Blackaby, "On Being a Servant of God" by Warren Wiersbe and "The Servant Leader" by James Autry. I'm not sure how He reads three books at a time, well one he is using during his devotional time...but he does. I hope this is helpful friend.
Welcome Home!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Joyful said...

I always have several books on the go. One that I'm reading and devouring right now is John Ortberg's, "If you want to walk on water, you've go to get out of the boat". It's a perfect read for my life circumstances right now.
Trusting Him,
Joy